Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Wes Anderson to Sarah Badel
Hal Ashby Biography (1936-)
Born in 1936 in Ogden, UT; father, owner of a dairy; married five times. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Directors Guild of America, 7950 Sunset Boulevard,Hollywood, CA 90046. AGENT--Jeff Berg, International Creative Management, 8899 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- Birth Details
- Ogden, Utah, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Assistant editor, The Big Country, United Artists, 1958.
- Assistant editor, The Diary of Anne Frank, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1959.
- Assistant editor, The Children's Hour (also known as The Loudest Whisper), United Artists, 1961.
- Editor, The Loved One, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1965.
- Editor, The Cincinnati Kid, MGM, 1965.
- Editor, The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!, United Artists, 1966.
- Editor, In the Heat of the Night, Allied Artists, 1967.
- Editor, The Thomas Crown Affair, United Artists, 1968.
- Associate producer, Gaily, Gaily, United Artists, 1969.
- Director, The Landlord, United Artists, 1970.
- Director, Harold and Maude, Paramount, 1971.
- Director, The Last Detail, Columbia, 1974.
- Director, Shampoo, Columbia, 1975.
- Director, Bound for Glory, United Artists, 1977.
- Director, Coming Home, United Artists, 1978.
- Director, Being There, United Artists, 1979.
- Director, Second-Hand Hearts, Paramount, 1980.
- Director, Lookin' to Get Out, Paramount, 1982.
- Director, Let's Spend the Night Together, Embassy, 1982.
- Director, The Slugger's Wife, Columbia, 1984.
- Director, Eight Million Ways to Die, Tri-Star, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; DIRECTOR EPISODIC
- Beverly Hills Buntz, NBC, 1987.
- The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Party, HBO, 1981.