Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Karim Prince to Brad Renfro
Nikos Psacharopoulos Biography (1928-1989)
Born January 18, 1928, in Athens, Greece; immigrated to the United States in1947; died following surgery for colon cancer, January 12, 1989, in the Virgin Islands; son of Konstantin Nicholas and Helen (Mitsakos) Psacharopoulos.
- Greek, American
- Birth Details
- January 18, 1928
- Athens, Greece
- Death Details
- January 12, 1989
- the Virgin Islands
Credits; STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Legend of Lovers, Yale University School of Drama, New Haven, CT, 1958.
- The Play of Daniel, New York Pro Musica, the Cloisters, New York City, 1958.
- Agamemnon, Yale University School of Drama, 1959.
- He Who Must Die and The Flowering Peach, both Yale University School of Drama, 1960.
- Man Better Man and The Visit, both Yale University School of Drama, 1963.
- Tambourines to Glory, Little Theatre, New York City, 1963.
- The Play of Herod, New York Pro Musica, the Cloisters, 1963.
- Arms and the Man, Yale University School of Drama, 1965.
- Lizzie Borden, New York City Opera, City Center Theatre, New York City, 1965.
- Cavalleria Rusticana and Miss Julie, both State Theatre, New York City, 1965.
- Peer Gynt, Yale University School of Drama, 1966.
- Dialogues of the Carmelites, State Theatre, 1966.
- Androcles and the Lion, American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT, 1968.
- The Lion in Winter, Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY, 1968.
- The Glass Menagerie, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1986.
- A Streetcar Named Desire, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1988.
- Sweet Bird of Youth, Royal Alexandra Theatre, Toronto, ON, Canada, 1988.
- Also director of productions at Rangeley Lakes Summer Theatre, Rangeley,ME, 1954; Light Up the Sky, The Seagull, Rhinoceros, Once Upon a Mattress, The Visit, Time Remembered, Our Town, The Skin of Our Teeth, Toys in the Attic,The Madwoman of Chaillot, A Streetcar Named Desire, Othello, Becket, Man andSuperman, The Cherry Orchard, Pal Joey, A View from the Bridge, A Man for All Seasons, Ondine, Cyrano de Bergerac, Once in a Lifetime, Mary Stuart, SaintJoan, Caesar and Cleopatra, Two for the Seesaw, The Flowering Peach, Heartbreak House, Peer Gynt, Camino Real, Enemies, The Three Sisters, Misalliance, and The Legend of Oedipus, all Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA, 1955-88; and Arms and the Man, Pasadena Playhouse, Pasadena, CA.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Director, The Play of Daniel, European cities, 1960.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK; EPISODIC
- Director, "Night of the Auk," Play of the Week, WNTA, 1960.
- The Play of Daniel, WNET (New York City), 1966.
- "The Seagull," Great Performances, PBS, 1975.
- Also Agamemnon, 1960.
OBITUARIES AND OTHER SOURCES:
- New York Times, January 13, 1989, January 29, 1989.
- Variety, January 25-31, 1989.
Other articles you might like: