Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Melissa Errico to Colleen Fitzpatrick
Roy Firestone Biography (1953-)
Born December 8, 1953, in Miami Beach, FL; son of Bernard and Regina Firestone; married, wife's name Midori, 1987; children: two sons. Addresses: Office: Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN), 6251 Afton Pl., Los Angeles, CA 90028-8204.
- Sports broadcaster, actor
- Birth Details
- December 8, 1953
- Miami Beach, Florida, United States
- Host, Mazda SportsLook, USA Network, 1980-1984 then ESPN, 1984-1990
- Host, Up Close, ESPN, 1991-1995
- Host, Up Close Primetime, ESPN, beginning 1998
- Keith, "Twin Engines," Misfits of Science, NBC, 1985
- Himself, "Peggy Turns 300," Married ... with Children, Fox, 1990
- Narrator, "The Patriot Bowl," Coach, ABC, 1992
- "Colors of the Rainbow," Arli$$, HBO, 1996
- Himself, "All Teed Off," Clueless, ABC, 1997
- Himself, "Secrets and Lies," Arsenio, ABC, 1997
- Himself, "Ray's on TV," Everybody Loves Raymond, CBS, 1997
- Voice, "Bart Star," The Simpsons (animated), Fox, 1997
- Guest on talk shows, including Late Night with David Letterman,
Later with Bob Costas,
Larry King Live, and The Tonight Show.
- Himself, The Ratings Game (movie; also known as The Mogul),The Movie Channel, 1984
- Host, Into the Night, ABC, 1992
- Host of Sports Comedy around the World, syndicated.
- Voice, Daffy Duck's Quackbusters (animated), Warner Bros., 1988
- Himself, The Scout, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1994
- Himself, Jerry Maguire, TriStar, 1996
- Himself, Good Luck (also known as Gimps,
Guys Like Us, and The Ox and the Eye), Moki Mac River Expedition, 1997
- Additional voices, Mighty Ducks the Movie: The Face-Off, Walt Disney Home Video, 1997
- Host of a nationally broadcast program about major league baseball.
- Voice, Likely Stories, Volume 3, 1983
Roy Firestone's Greatest Moments in Golf, 1999
- Other videos include Roy Firestone's Greatest Moments in Sports.
- (With Scott Ostler) Up Close: And in Your Face with the Greats, Near Greats, and Ingrates of Sports, Hyperion, 1993
Newsmakers, Issue Cumulation, Gale, 1988
Sport, November, 1998, p. 36
Other articles you might like: