Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jim Carter to Tom Clark
Marge Champion Biography (1919-1981)
Addresses: Office: c/o Singer, 2001 S. Barrington, Los Angeles, CA, 90069; Agent: Agent c/o William Morris, 1350 Avenue of the Americas, New York,NY, 10019.
- actress, choreographer, dancer, director
- Birth Details
- September 2, 1919
- Hollywood, California, United States
- Dancer, Gower and Bell, Montreal, Canada, 1947.
New York Debut
- Dancer, Marge and Gower Champion, Hotel Plaza.
Principal Stage Appearances
- (Broadway) Dancer, Dark of the Moon; dancer, Beggar's Holiday; choreographer (with Gower Champion), Lend an Ear, Make a Wish;choreographer, Whose Life Is It, Anyway, NY, 1981.
Three for Tonight, U.S. cities.
Principal Film Work
- Dancer/actress, Hemingway and All Those People, The Swimmer, The Party, The Cockeyed Cowboy of Calico County, The Great Sebastians, Invitation to aMarch, The Women, High Button Shoes, Sabrina Fair; dancer/choreographer(with Gower Champion), Mr. Music, Show Boat, Lovely to Look At, EverythingI Have Is Yours, Give a Girl a Break, Three for the Show, Jupiter's Darling, That's Entertainment!, Part II, That's Dancing.
Principal Television Work
- Dancer/choreographer, Admiral Broadway Revue, Toast of the Town, Threefor Tonight, Shower of Stars, GE Theatre, Dinah Shore Show, Bell Telephone Hour, Accent on Love, Marge and Gower Champion Show; choreographer/dialogue coach, The Awakening Land, Masada, Diary of Anne Frank, When the CircusComes to Town; choreographer, Day of the Locust, Queen of the StardustBallroom, FAME, 1982.
Catch the New Wind (with Marilee Zdenek); God Is a Verb (with Marilee Zdenek).
Other articles you might like: