Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
William Dudley to Gilbert Ernotte
Sidney Eden Biography (1936-)
Born Sidney Edelstein, January 5, 1936, in Chicago, IL; son of Sidney and Fay(Quisenberry) Edelstein; divorced; children: Scott. Addresses: HOME--484 W. 43rd Street, New York NY 10036.
- Birth Details
- January 5, 1936
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Sam G. Wood and second committeeman, Are You Now or HaveYou Ever Been?, Century, Promenade, 1978-79.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Cutler, Conflict of Interest, PAF Playhouse, Long Island, NY, Hartman, Stamford, CT, 1979-80.
- Sitcom, St. Nicholas, Chicago.
- Frank Lippencott, Wonderful Town, Brad, Everybody Loves Opal, Mike, Who Was That Lady I Saw You With?, Harlow Edison, Gazebo, LaSalle, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?, all at Pheasant Run, IL.
- Prentice, What the Butler Saw.
- Harry Carson, Desperate Hours.
- Suzie's friend, Hot L Baltimore, Ivanhoe Theater.
- Sir Harry Bumpber, The School for Scandal, Robert, The Assassin, Nutsy Miller, Male Animal, Larry, Country Girl, Max, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Priest, Twelfth Night, Sheriff Payne, Bloomer Girl, all at Cleveland Playhouse, OH.
- Nathan Detroit, Guys and Dolls.
- Johnny, A Hatful of Rain.
- Tom, Glass Menagerie.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Guys and Dolls, You Can't Take It with You, High Button Shoes,A Raisin inthe Sun, George Jean Nathan in Revue, Carousel, Decline and Fall of the Entire World as Seen Through the Eyes of Cole Porter, When You Comin' Back Red Ryder, Glass Menagerie, King of Hearts, Song of Norway, Kismet, Say Darling, Country Girl, Plain and Fancy, Confidential Clerk, The Assassin, Student Prince, Fanny, Bells Are Ringing, Kiss Me Kate, Desert Song, Roberta, Pal Joey, allat theaters including: Cleveland Playhouse, OH; Goodman, Chicago, IL; Brooklyn Academy of Music, NY; Detroit Music Hall for the Performing Arts, MI; University of Massachusetts Fine Arts Center; Tenthouse, Highland Park, IL; Northland Playhouse, Detroit, MI; Brunswick Summer Theater, ME; Lakewood Summer Theatre; Kennebunkport Playhouse; Grand Theatre, Sullivan, IL; First Chicago Center.
- At First Chicago Center, IL: Hughie, When You Comin' Back Red Ryder?, Sheba.
- Hughie, Huntington Hartford, Los Angeles, American Theatre, St.
- Louis, MO.
- Golden, NY, 1974.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Producer and director, A Raisin in the Sun, national.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- One Life to Live, ABC.
- Ryan's Hope, ABC.
- narrator, Wild Kingdom, NBC.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Spook Who Sat by the Door, United Artists, 1973.
- Are You Now or Have You Ever Been?.
- Chapter Two, Columbia, 1979.
- Conflict of Interest.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED George Jean Nathan in Revue, Goodman, Chicago, IL, 1977.
Other articles you might like: