Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Anna Karina Biography (1940-)
Born Hanne Karin Blarke Bayer, September 22, 1940, in Copenhagen, Denmark; married Jean-Luc Godard (a film director, producer, and writer), March 2, 1961(divorced, 1967); married Pierre-Antoine Fabre, 1968 (divorced); married Daniel-Georges Duval, 1978. Addresses: AGENT--78 Boulevard Malesherbes, 75008 Paris, France.
- Birth Details
- September 22, 1940
- Copenhagen, Denmark
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- FILM DEBUT--Pigen og skoene (also known as The Girl and the Shoes; shortfilm), 1959.
- Veronica Dreyer, Le Petit Soldat (also known as The Little Soldier), filmed in 1960, released by Georges de Beauregard/Societe Nouvelle de Cinema, 1963, released in the United States by West End, 1965.
- Angela, Une Femme est une femme (also known as A Woman Is a Woman and Ladonna e donna), Rome-Paris Films, 1961, released in the United States by Pathe Contemporary, 1961.
- Toni, She'll Have to Go (also known as Maid for Murder), 1961, released in the United States by Janus, 1963.
- actress in comedy film, Cleo de 5 a 7 (also known as Cleo from 5 to 7), Rome-Paris Films, 1962, released in the United States by Zenith International,1962.
- Nana, Vivre sa vie (also known as My Life to Live and It's My Life), LesFilms de la Pleieade, 1962, released in the United States by Union/Pathe Contemporary, 1963.
- title role, Sheherazade (also known as Scheherazade and La Schiavadi Bagdad), 1962, released in the United States by Shawn International, 1965.
- Colombe, "The Fox and the Crow" in Les Quatres Verites (also known as Lequattro verita and Three Fables of Love), Janus, 1963.
- Giselle, Dragees au poivre (also known as Confette al pepe and Sweet andSour), Pathe, 1963.
- chambermaid, La Ronde (also known as Circle of Love), 1964, released in the United States by STER, 1965.
- Odile, Band a part (also known as Band of Outsiders and The Outsiders), Anouchka Films, 1964, released in the United States by Royal, 1966.
- Helene, De l'amour, 1964, released in the United States by Goldstone, 1968.
- Natasha Von Braun, Alphaville (also know as Une Etrange Aventure de LemmyCaution and A Strange Case of Lemmy Caution), Chaumiane Productions and Filmstudio, 1965, released in the United States by Pathe, 1965.
- Marianne Renoir, Pierrot le fou, Rome-Paris Films, 1965, released in theUnited States by Pathe/Corinth, 1968.
- Suzanne Simonin, La Religieuse (also known as The Nun, La Religieuse de Diderot, and Suzanne Simonin), 1965, released in the United States by Altura,1971.
- Paula Nelson, Made in U.S.A. (also known as Made in America), Rome- ParisFilms, 1966.
- Miss Conversation, "Anticipation, ou L'Amour en l'an 2000" in Le Plus vieux metier du monde (also known as The Oldest Profession), Francoriz, 1966, released in the United States by Goldstone/VIP, 1968.
- Marie Cardona, Lo straniero (also known as L'Etranger and The Stranger),Paramount, 1967.
- Anne, The Magus, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1968.
- Maria Holz, Before Winter Comes, Columbia, 1968.
- Margot, Laughter in the Dark, Lopert, 1969.
- Melissa, Justine, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1969.
- Jeanne, L'Alliance (also known as The Wedding Ring), CAPAC, 1970.
- Elle, Rendez-vous a Bray (also known as Rendezvous at Bray and Meeting inBray), CFDC/Essential Cinema, 1971.
- Anna Bryant, The Salzburg Connection, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1972.
- Julie, Vivre ensemble, Societe Nouvelle de Cinema/Imperia, 1973.
- Elena, Pane e cioccolata (also known as Bread and Chocolate), 1973, released in the United States by CIC/World Northal, 1978.
- Louise, L'Assassin musicien (also known as The Musician Killer), Sunchild, 1975.
- Clara, Les Oeufs brouilles (also known as The Scrambled Eggs), Columbia-Warner Distributors, 1975.
- Columbine, Also es war so.... (also known as Willie and the Chinese Cat and Willie Eine Zauberposse), New International Cinema, 1976.
- Irene, Chinesisches roulette (also known as Chinese Roulette), Cinegate/Films Moliere/New Yorker, 1977.
- Nathalie, Chaussette surprise (also known as Surprise Sock), GEF/CCFC/Albatros Films, 1978.
- mother, Historien om en moder (also known as The Story of a Mother), Statens Filmcentral, 1979. Berthe Granjeux, Ave Maria, AAA, 1984, released in theUnited States by Greenwich, 1984.
- Jim's mother, L'Ile au tresor (also known as Treasure Island), Films du Passage/Cannon Releasing, 1985.
- Lola, Cayenne-Palace, Metropolis/Union Generale Cimematographique, 1987.
- Myrrha, L'Ete dernier a Tanger (also known as Last Summer in Tangiers), AAA, 1987.
- Catherine, L'Oeuvre au noir (also known as The Abyss), Union Generale Cinematographique/Twentieth Century-Fox/Philippe Dussart Productions, 1988.
- Also Presentation ou Charlotte et son steak (short film), filmed in 1953,Karina's voice dubbed onto soundtrack in 1961; Ce soir ou jamais, 1961; Le Soleil dans l'oeil, 1961; Les Fiances du Pont Macdonald (short film), 1961; LeJoli Mai, 1962; Un Mari a prix fixe, 1963; Petit jour (short film), 1964; LeVoleur du Tibidabo (also known as La vida es magnifica), 1964; Le Soldatess,1965; Zarliche Haie (also known as Tendres requins), 1966; Lamiel, 1967; Michael Kohlhaas--Der Rebell, 1969; Le Temps de mourir, 1969; L'Invenzione di moral (also known as Moral's Invention), Mount Street Film/Alga Cinematografica, 1974; as Anna, Just Like at Home, 1979; in L'Ami de Vincent (also known asA Friend of Vincent), AMLF/World Marketing, 1983; Derniere chansons (also know as Last Song), La Cecilia, 1986, released in the United States by MBO/Metropolis, 1987.
Credits; FILM WORK
- Director, Vivre ensemble, Societe Nouvelle de Cinema/Imperia, 1973.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MOVIES
- Anna, 1965.
- Vivre ensemble, Societe Nouvelle de Cinema/Imperia, 1973.
- (with Denis Berry) Derniere chansons (also known as Last Song), La Cecilia, 1986, released in the United States by MBO/Metropolis, 1987.
- Golden City, 1983.
Other articles you might like: