Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
Dinsdale Landen Biography (1932-)
Born September 4, 1932, in Margate, England; son of Edward James and WinifredAlice Landen; married Jennifer Daniel. Addresses: AGENT--c/o International Creative Management, 388 Oxford Street, London W1, England.
Favorite roles: Petruchio in Taming of the Shrew; Iago in Othello.
- Birth Details
- September 4, 1932
- Margate, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Bimbo, Housemaster, Dolphin Theatre, Brighton, U.K., 1948.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Archie Gooch, A Dead Secret, Piccadilly Theatre, London, 1957.
- John Lester, A Touch of the Sun, Saville Theatre, London, 1958.
- Ben Birt, My Friend Judas, Arts Theatre, London, 1959.
- Launcelot Gobbo, The Merchant of Venice, Fabian, Twelfth Night, Biondello, The Taming of the Shrew, all Royal Shakespeare Company, Memorial Theatre, Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1960.
- title role, Henry V, Petruchio, The Taming of the Shrew, both Open Air Theatre, London, 1964.
- Jack, Honeymoon, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1967.
- Stanley, Before You Go, Hampstead Theatre Club, 1969.
- Francis, Play on Love, St. Martin's Theatre, London, 1970.
- Donald, The Philanthropist, Royal Court Theatre, then May Fair Theatre, both London, 1970.
- Captain Winkle, The Owl on the Battlements, Nottingham Playhouse Theatre,Nottingham, U.K., 1971.
- Dazzle, London Assurance, New Theatre, London, 1972.
- Michel Cagre, Suzanna Andler, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1973.
- Robert, The Pleasure Principle, Theatre Upstairs, London, 1973.
- John, Alphabetical Order, Hampstead Theatre Club, then May Fair Theatre,both 1975.
- D'Arcy Tuck, Plunder, National Theatre Company, Old Vic Theatre, then Lyttelton Theatre, both London, 1976.
- Mervyn, Bodies, Hampstead Theatre Club, 1978, then Ambassadors' Theatre,both London, 1979.
- Leonard Charteris, The Philanderer, National Theatre Company, Lyttelton Theatre, 1978.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Twelfth Night, Lieutenant Bannen, No Man's Land, Bluntschli, Arms and the Man, U.K. cities, all 1968.
- Edmund Cornhill, Odd Girl Out, U.K. cities, 1974.
- Also toured Australia with the Old Vic Theatre Company, 1955.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- The Valiant, United Artists, 1962.
- Also appeared in Every Home Should Have One.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES The Glittering Prizes.
- Fathers and Families.
- Pig in the Middle.
December 29, 2003: Landen died on December 29, 2003, of cancer. He was71. Source:
Times (London), December 31, 2003, p. 31.
Other articles you might like: