Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gabrielle Fitzpatrick to Christopher Fulford
Frances Ford Biography (1939-)
"My favorite role in my early years was Annie Sullivan in The Miracle Worker, played in non-Equity stock in Weston, Vermont. Annie is so well written and so real that her strength and determination became mine. My most important role recently was Madame in The Maids ... being a sensual bitchytype pointed a direction for future roles. I have in the past been a speakerfor American Friends Service Committee to raise money for the starving in theHorn of Africa, Ethiopia in particular. I spend time with several] Ethiopianrefugees as a friend to help them get used to the hectic pace of our life. Ihave taught and practice Yoga every day ... a great way to get your head back together. I enjoy being a mother ... my son acted with me for a while and belongs to both SAG and AEA; now he'll use the money he made in commercials to learn to fly. My politics are liberal, I suppose, and all seems to center on my firm belief that we all must learn to share and take care of the goodthings of this earth."
- actress, director, singer
- Birth Details
- November 10, 1939
- Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
- Artist-in-Residence, PACE, Huntington, NY School Systems, 1968; Artist-in-Residence (Director), Friends Seminary, 1974-82; Teacher-Director, BrooklynFriends School, 1978-79.
- Betty Price, Middle of the Night, Green Ram Baraboo, WI.
New York Debut
- Baby, The Fairhaired Boy, Amateur Comedy Club, October 29-November9, 1963, ten performances.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Barbara Allen, Dark of the Moon, Calumet Playhouse, MI, 1966; MaryMcKellway, Mary, Mary, Calumet Playhouse, Ml, 1966; Miep, Diary ofAnne Frank, PACE, Huntington, NY, 1968; Mary Cratchitt, The StingiestMan in Town, Town Hall, NY/Shubert, Cincinnati, OH, 1972; Liza Elliott,Lady in the Dark, Queensboro Community College, 1977; Katrin Rommel, Howling in the Night, Edinburgh Festival Fringe, 1979; also: Mrs. Pearce/Mrs. Higgins, Pygmalion, Classic Theatre, NY; Lady Bracknell, TheImportance of Being Earnest, Meat and Potatoes, NY; Edith Piaf, others,The Paris of Jean Cocteau, Classic, NY; Mrs. Hardcastle, She Stoopsto Conquer, Meat and Potatoes, NY; Mariette, Medusa in the Suburbs, ELT Informal at Lincoln Center, NY; Madame, The Maids, Entermedia Marquee, NY.
- Understudy to The Woman, The Coach with Six Insides, upstate New York, Indiana, and Pennsylvania, 1965-66; ensemble and understudy, The Pirates of Penzance, H.M.S. Pinafore, The Mikado, Gloriana Productions, New York, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Florida, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, 1980-83.
- Mrs. Kaufman, Darkness at Night; Simon.
- Miss Ophelia, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Brooklyn College Cable TV, 1982.
- singer, The Bushes of Central Park West, Tramps, The Art of the Accompanist, at the Ballroom.
Other articles you might like: