Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Bette Henritze to Clint Howard
Jennifer Hilary Biography (1942-)
Full name, Jennifer Mary Hilary; born December 14, 1942, in Frimley, England;daughter of Richard Mounteney and Rosemary Lillian (Reynolds) Hilary. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Jean Diamond, London Management Ltd., 235-241 Regent Street, London W1, England.
Favorite roles: Nina in The Seagull, Zoe in A Scent of Flowers, Lucy in Alphabetical Order, and Cressida in Troilus and Cressida.
- Birth Details
- December 14, 1942
- Frimley, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Nina, The Seagull, Liverpool Playhouse, Liverpool, U.K., 1961.
- LONDON DEBUT--Millie Theale, Wings of a Dove, Haymarket Theatre, 1964.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Lucille, The Rehearsal, Royale Theatre, 1963.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Isabel, The Enchanted, Lady Teazle, School for Scandal, Cilla Curtis, Amateur Means Lover, Cecily, The Importance of Being Earnest, all Liverpool Playhouse Company, Liverpool, U.K., 1961.
- Miranda, The Tempest, Lydia Languish, The Rivals, Lucille, Duel of Angels, Sarah Rigg, Walker, Alison, Look Back in Anger, Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland, Cressida, Troilus and Cressida, all Birmingham Repertory Theatre Company, Birmingham, U.K., 1962.
- A Scent of Flowers, Duke of York's Theatre, London, 1964.
- Vera, A Month in the Country, Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, U.K., 1965.
- Sasha, Ivanov, Shubert Theatre, New York City, 1966.
- Virginia, Relatively Speaking, Duke of York's Theatre, 1967.
- Alison Ames, Avanti! (also known as A Touch of Spring), Booth Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Milly, Bodywork, Phoenix Theatre, Leicester, U.K., 1972.
- Helen Saville, The Vortex, Greenwich Theatre, London, 1975.
- Gillian, Dear Daddy, Ambassadors Theatre, London, 1976.
- Lady Brute, The Provok'd Wife, Bristol Old Vic Theatre, Bristol, U.K., 1977.
- Adrienne, Sisters, Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester, U.K., 1978.
- Also appeared in Sufficient Carbohydrate, Albery Theatre, London, 1984; Festival of New Plays, National Theatre, London, 1985.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Sasha, Ivanov, U.S. cities, 1966.
- Jennet Jourdemayne, The Lady's Not for Burning, U.K. cities, 1971.
- Alison Ames, Avanti! (also known as A Touch of Spring), South African cities, 1972.
- Also appeared in Half Life, U.K. and Canadian cities, 1978; Some of My Best Friends Are Husbands, U.K. cities, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Peasant girl, Becket, Paramount, 1964.
- appeared in The Heroes of Telemark, Columbia, 1966.
- The Idol, Embassy, 1966.
- Five Days One Summer, Warner Brothers, 1982.
- Also One Brief Summer, 1969; North Sea Hijack, 1979.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Girl, The Tenpenny Scandal, BBC, 1961.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES Winston Churchill: The Wilderness Years.
- Lucy, Alphabetical Order; and in The Woman in White; Exiles; Charades; Speed King; Sam; Miss A and Miss M; The Sun Also Rises.
Other articles you might like: