Murray Matheson Biography (1912-)
Addresses: Agent: c/o I.C.M., 8899 Beverly Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA, 90048; Agent: 40 W. 57th Street, New York, NY, 10019.
- Birth Details
- July 1, 1912
- Casterton, Australia
- Chorus, High Jinks, His Majesty's Theatre, Melbourne, Australia, 1934.
- New York Debut
- Captain Worthy, The Relapse, Theatre Guild, 1950.
- London Debut
- Band Wagon, Palladium, 1939.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Roberta, His Majesty's Theatre, Melbourne, Australia, 1934; Billie, Apollo Theatre, Melbourne, Australia, 1935; appeared with the Bournemouth Repertory Company, England, 1936; And on We Go, Savoy, London, 1937; Blenderband, The Millionairess, Théâtre Michel,Paris, France, 1937; George and Margaret, Charles Theatre, London, 1937; Eric, The Human Element, Théâtre de l'oeuvre, Paris, 1939; Swinging the Gate, Ambassadors Theatre, London, 1940; Lights Up, Savoy, London, 1940; Better Late, Garrick, London, 1946; Peter Henderson, Escapade, 48th Street Theatre, New York, 1953; DownCame a Blackbird, John Drew Theatre, East Hampton, NY, 1955; Felix Callender, Third Person, President, New York, 1955; Dead on Nine, John Drew Theatre, 1956; You Never Can Tell, John Drew Theatre, 1956; Simon, Simon and Laura, John Drew Theatre, 1957; Aegisthos, Electra, Rita Allen Theatre, New York, 1959; Gosport, Harliquinade, Rita Allen Theatre, New York, 1959; Argan, The Imaginary Invalid, Goodman, Chicago, 1959; Earl of Blandings, Oh, Kay!, East 74th Street Theatre, NewYork, 1960; Sandor Turai, The Play's the Thing, Bucks County Playhouse, New Hope, PA, 1964; Charles, Blithe Spirit, La Jolla Playhouse,California, 1964; Denny, Janus, Paper Mill Playhouse, Millburn, NJ, 1965; Dirk Winston, Mary, Mary, Bucks County Playhouse, 1965; Mr. Applegate, Damn Yankees, Melodyland, Berkeley, CA, 1965; Yeats and Company: The Prose, Poetry and Plays of W. B. Yeats, Theatre Group, UCLA, California, 1965; Dial "M" for Murder, California; Captain Hook, PeterPan, California; Heaven Can Wait, California; Sir, The Roar ofthe Greasepaint..., California; Von Mark, The Student Prince, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles, 1966; Caesar, Caesar and Cleopatra, Goodman, Chicago, 1968; Lock up Your Daughters, Pasadena Playhouse,CA, 1968; Tucker, The Ruling Class, Goodman, Chicago, 1972; Dr. Theodore Holley, The Charlatan, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, 1974; Misalliance, Globe Theatre, San Diego, CA, 1982.
- Major Tours
- Ten Minute Alibi, Australia; Tons of Money, Australia; While Parents Sleep, Australia; Charlie Parker in Oscar Wilde and Marchbanks in Candida, Berlin, Vienna, Brussels, Prague, Warsaw, Budapest, 1937-39; New Faces, England, 1940; There Goes Yesterday, Canada, 1948-50; The Drunkard; The Cocktail Party; Tonight at 8:30; Henry Higgins, My Fair Lady, 1960-61.
- Film Debut
- Way to the Stars, 1940.
- Principal Films
- Journey Together, 1945; The Fool and the Princess, 1946; School for Secrets, 1946; Hurricane Smith, 1952; Plymouth Adventure, 1952; Botany Bay, 1953; Flight to Tangier, 1953; King of the Khyber Rifles, 1953; Jamaica Run, 1953; The BambooPrison, 1954; Love Is a Many Splendid Thing, 1955; Wall of Noise, 1963; Signpost to Murder, 1965; Assault on a Queen, 1966; How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, 1967; In EnemyCountry, 1968; Star!, 1968; Twilight Zone, 1983.
- Television Debut
- Unidentified guest, The Cocktail Party (CBC), 1949.
- Television Appearances
- Adventures in Paradise, 1959; Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Bunthorne, Patience (CBC), 1960; Thriller; U.S. Steel Hour; Alcoa Theater; King Magnus, The Apple Cart (CBC); The Fugitive; Suspense; Twilight Zone; Sam Benedict; Naked City; Route 66; The Islanders; Laramie;Tall Man; The Tiger at the Gates (CBC); Studio One; Kraft Theatre; Omnibus; The Man from UNCLE; Get Smart; Perry Mason; Twelve O'Clock High; The Defenders; Profiles in Courage; My Favorite Martian; One Step Beyond; The FBI; The Invaders; The Girl from UNCLE; Banacek; Famous Jury Trials (Toronto, 1968).