Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Allan McClelland Biography (1917-)
Born December 31, 1917, in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland; died February, 1989, in London, England; son of William and Nell (Worland) M'Clelland; married Charlotte French Cox.
- Birth Details
- December 31, 1917
- Dunmurry, Northern Ireland
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- STAGE DEBUT--Raleigh, Journey's End, Playhouse Theatre, Belfast, Ireland,1936.
- LONDON DEBUT--St. John Hotchkiss, Getting Married, Arts Theatre, 1945.
- Clincher, The Constant Couple, Laertes, Hamlet, and Charles Surface, TheSchool for Scandal, all Arts Theatre, London, 1945.
- Denzil, Call It Madness, New Lindsey Theatre, London, 1949.
- Josef Lausman, The Ivory Tower, Vaudeville Theatre, London, 1950.
- Craig, Danger, Men Working, Lyric Hammersmith Theatre, London, 1951.
- Peter, The Passing Day, Ambassadors' Theatre, London, 1951.
- Christopher Wren, The Mousetrap, Ambassadors' Theatre, 1952.
- narrator, Ulysses in Nighttown, Arts Theatre, London, 1959.
- captain's secretary, Santa Cruz, Lyric Hammersmith Theatre, 1966.
- George Moore's Celibate Lives (one-man show), King's Head Theatre, London, 1973.
- George Moore, The Singular Life of Albert Nobbs, New End Theatre, London,1978.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Mr. Stuart, These Are the Damned (also known as The Damned), Columbia, 1965.
- doctor, The Looking Glass War, Columbia, 1970.
- Also appeared in The Smugglers (also known as The Man Within), Eagle- Lion, 1948.
- Call It Madness, New Lindsey Theatre, London, 1949.
- George Moore's Celibate Lives, King's Head Theatre, London, 1973.
- Plays and short stories for the BBC.
OBITUARIES AND OTHER SOURCES:
- Variety, February 8-14, 1989.
Other articles you might like: