Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
John Romano to Waldo Salt
Frank Ross Biography (1904-1990)
Born August 12, 1904, in Boston, MA; died following brain surgery, February 18, 1990, in Los Angeles, CA; married Jean Arthur (an actress), 1932 (divorced, 1949); married Joan Caulfield (an actress), 1950 (divorced, 1959); marriedJoan Bradshaw; children: (second marriage) Kevin.
- Birth Details
- August 12, 1904
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Death Details
- February 18, 1990
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Ken, The Saturday Night Kid, FP/Paramount, 1929.
- Lieutenant Graham, Young Eagles, Paramount, 1930.
- FILM WORK; PRODUCER,EXCEPT AS NOTED Associate producer, Of Mice and Men,United Artists (UA), 1939.
- (With Norman Krasna) The Devil and Miss Jones, RKO Radio Pictures, 1941.
- A Lady Takes a Chance, Frank Ross/RKO Radio Pictures, 1943.
- (With Harold Hecht) The Flame and the Arrow, Warner Brothers, 1950.
- Director and (with John Stillman) producer, The Lady Says No, UA, 1951.
- The Robe, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1953.
- Demetrius and the Gladiators, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1954.
- The Rains of Ranchipur, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1955.
- (With brother, Richard Ross) Kings Go Forth, UA, 1958.
- One Man's Way, UA, 1964.
- Mister Moses, UA, 1965.
- Where It's At, UA, 1969.
- (With Douglas Morrow) Maurie (also known as Big Mo), National General, 1973.
- Also worked as director and (with Mervyn LeRoy) producer, The HouseI LiveIn (short), 1945.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK
- Producer, Sally (series), NBC, 1957-58.
- (With Richard Flournoy, Robert Russell, and Lewis Russell) The More the Merrier (screenplay), Columbia, 1943.
- (With Sol Sak and Robert Russell) Walk, Don't Run (screenplay), Columbia,1966.
- Hollywood Reporter, February 22, 1990.
Other articles you might like: