Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Wes Anderson to Sarah Badel
Debra Lee Babcock Biography (1956-)
Born July 3, 1956, in Seaford, NY; daughter of Ralph David (a businessman) and Paula Adele (a hospital geriatric activities director; maiden name, Schulleri) Babcock; married Stephen Paul Hamilton (an actor), September 8, 1984. Addresses: HOME--26 W. 87th Street, Apartment 3A, New York, NY 10024.
Debra Lee Babcock told CTFT, "I have travelled to the Hawaiian Islands, all over Canada, crossed the United States seven times, hiked in the Alps, and camped all over France. The most extraordinary trip has been my recent solo hikeacross the Grand Canyon to have my thirtieth birthday at the bottom."
- Birth Details
- July 3, 1956
- Seaford, New York, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--With the Earth Thread Theatre, Fort Mason Foundation, San Francisco Art Institute, CA, 1978.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Dancer and anger, Laughing Souls-Espiritus Sonriendas, 626 Performance Space, 1979.
- Mina, Count Dracula, 1980 and Elvira, Blithe Spirit, 1981, both Playhouseby the River, Mt. Bethel, PA.
- Rebecca, Our Town, Players' Club, New York City, 1982.
- Maria, Cries and Whispers, 3L Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- servant girl and nun, Romeo and Juliet and peasant and nurse, The Caucasian Chalk Circle, both with the Lion Theatre Ensemble at the Judith Anderson Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Flute and Thisby, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Playhouse by the River, 1984.
- Mary, Among the Fallen, New Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Carla, Silver Bells, Ensemble Studio Theatre Institute, New York City, 1985.
- Esther Miller, The Miller's Tale, Westbeth Theatre Center, New York City,1986.
- the girl, Hot L Baltimore and Ann, Balm in Gilead, both at The Real Stage, New York City, 1986.
- Beverly, Blind Hearts, Ensemble Studio Theatre, New York City, 1986.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Mr. Pim Passes By, tour of shelters for the homeless, New York City, 1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Founding member, Earth Thread Theatre, 1978; scenic painter, La Rondine,University of Hartford, CT, 1979.
Credits; SCENIC DESIGNER AND PAINTER
- The Infernal Machine, Chameleon Theatrix, New York City, 1979.
- Modigliani, Cubiculo Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- Of Mice and Men, 1981 and Cowboys II, 1983, both Playhouse by the River,Mt. Bethel, PA.
- A Christmas Carol, Christ Church, Brooklyn, NY, 1984.
- Thoughts on the Instant of Greeting a Friend on the Street and Cowboys II, both 1984, Goodnight Firefly Ravine and Small Corners, both 1985, all at the Ensemble Studio Theatre, New York City.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Woman of a Thousand Faces, Blood and Dreams, Castellon Inc. Films, 1978.
- assistant lawyer, The Jury Film, Playback Association.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--One Life to Live, ABC, 1986.