Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Robert Lantos to Steven Levitan
Gemze de Lappe Biography (1922-)
Born February 28, 1922, in Portsmouth, VA; daughter of Birch Wood (an actor and teacher) and Maureen (an actress and drummer; maiden name, McDonough) de Lappe; married John Carisi (a musician), May 22, 1959; children: Peter, Jonathan. Addresses: HOME--Williamsburg, MA. OFFICE--Dance Department, SmithCollege, Northampton, MA 01096. AGENT--c/o Milton Goldman, International Creative Management, 40 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- February 28, 1922
- Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Dancer, Michael Fokine Ballet, Lewisohn Stadium, NY, 1932.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--King Simon of Legree, The King and I, St. James Theatre,1951.
- LONDON DEBUT--Dream Ballet Laurey, Oklahoma!, Drury Lane Theatre, 1947.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Yvonne, Paint Your Wagon, Shubert Theatre, NY, 1952.
- the Maid, The Gorey Stories, Booth Theatre, NY.
- Also appeared in Brigadoon; Lizzie Borden, Fall River Legend; French Ballerina, Gala Performance; Billy the Kid; Fancy Free.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; CHOREOGRAPHER
- Oklahoma!, Australia.
- The Takarazuka Company, Japan.
- Antwerp and Munich Volsoper.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Conversations about the Dance.
- Musical Comedy Tonight.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- King Simon of Legree, The King and I, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1956.
Other articles you might like: