Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Art Linkletter Biography (1912-)
Full name, Arthur Gordon Linkletter, July 17, 1912, in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada; son of Fulton John and Mary (Metzler) Linkletter; married Lois Foerster, November 25, 1935; children: Jack, Dawn, Robert (died), Sharon, Diane(died). Addresses: OFFICE--8500 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90211.
- Birth Details
- July 17, 1912
- Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO WORK
- Program director, KGB, San Diego, CA, 1934.
- radio director, California International Exposition, San Diego, 1935.
- radio director, Texas Centennial Exposition, Dallas, 1936.
- radio director, San Francisco World's Fair, 1937-39.
- co-host and staff writer, People Are Funny, NBC, from 1942.
- host, House Party, CBS, from 1944.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Host and executive producer, Life with Linkletter, ABC, 1950-52.
- host, executive producer, and writer, People Are Funny, NBC, 1954- 1961.
- host, Inside Beverly Hills, NBC, 1955.
- Art Linkletter's House Party, CBS, 1955-70.
- Ford Startime, NBC, 1959.
- substitute host, The Tonight Show, NBC, 1962.
- host, The Art Linkletter Show, CBS, 1963.
- host, executive producer, and writer, Salute to Baseball, NBC, 1965.
- host, Hollywood Talent Scouts, CBS, 1965-66.
- host, Art Linkletter's Secret World of Kids, NBC.
- People Are Funny, 1953.
- Kids Say the Darndest Things, 1957.
- The Secret World of Kids, 1959.
- Confessions of a Happy Man, 1961.
- Kids Still Say the Darndest Things, 1961.
- A Child's Garden of Misinformation, 1965.
- I Wish I'd Said That, 1968.
- Linkletter Down Under, 1969.
- Oops, 1969.
- Drugs at My Door Step, 1973.
- Women Are My Favorite People, 1974.
- How to Be a Super Salesman, 1974.
- Yes, You Can!, 1979.
- I Didn't Do It Alone, 1979.
- Public Speaking for Private People, 1980.
- Cavalcade of the Golden West, 1940.
- Cavalcade of America, 1941.
Other articles you might like: