Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Cash Baxter Biography (1937-)
Born April 23, 1937, in San Benito, TX; son of Walter Hope (a seedsman) and Olga Juanita (Arnold) Baxter; married Betty Nan Carpenter (head of the Episcopal School, New York City) July 30, 1959; children: Stephen Barrington, Catherine Elaine. Addresses: HOME--504 Beadle Drive, Apt. C, Carbondale, IL,62901; 316 W. 79th Street, New York, NY 10024.
- Birth Details
- April 23, 1937
- San Benito, Texas, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director, Career, Wiesbaden Little Theatre, Weisbaden, West Germany, 1961.
- director, Anything Goes, State University of New York, New Paltz, 1965.
- choreographer, Of Thee I Sing, Pennsylvania State University, Festival Theatre, 1968.
- producer, Candida, Longacre Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- producing director and executive vice-president, Windmill Dinner TheatreChain, for twenty-two productions, 1970-71.
- director, The Music Man, State University of New York at Binghampton, 1971.
- producing director, Coachlight Dinner Theatre, CT, for forty-two productions, 1972-78, including Zorba, 1974, An Evening with Who?, 1975, and Pippin,1978.
- executive producer, director, and owner, Parkway Casino Dinner Theatre, for six productions, 1973.
- director, An Evening with Who?, Town Hall Theatre, New York City, 1975.
- director, Jaques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris, Music Fairs,Inc., 1976.
- director, A Noel Coward Tribute, National Arts Club, New York City, 1977.
- People and Other Aggravations, National Arts Club, New York City, 1978.
- director, Sunrise, Candlewood Area Theatre, New Fairfield, CT, 1978.
- director, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Equity LibraryTheatre, New York City, 1979.
- Director, The Sound of Music, Nisei Theatre, Tokyo, Japan, 1982.
- director, Starting Here, Starting Now and Arsenic and Old Lace, both at the Meadow Brook Theatre, Rochester, MI, 1983.
- Night Fishing in Beverly Hills, Intar Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Mortally Fine, Stage Arts Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- director, The Sound of Music, Amadeus, and The Aztec Holiday Murders, allat the Theaterfest, Santa Maria and Solvang, CA, 1985.
- The Drunkard, Asolo State Theatre, Sarasota, FL, 1985.
- at the McLeod Theatre, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, DIRECTOR Our Town, 1986 and Brighton Beach Memoirs and 110 in the Shade, both 1987.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Director, The Sound of Music, Chuchini Theatre, Nogoya, and Japanese cities, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK; DIRECTOR
- The Berlin Wall Affair, also more than two hundred training and documentary films, Department of Defense and U.S. Air Force, 1959- 62; The Last Resort, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Production supervisor and co-director, This Is Ben Shahn, WCBS, 1965.
- consulting director and director of European footage, Beethoven, a Portrait, BBC and PBS, 1985.