Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Karim Prince to Brad Renfro
Michael Redington Biography (1927-)
Born May 18, 1927, in Leicester, England; son of Clarence John (a surveyor) and Kathleen (Mawby) Redington; married Ann Connell (a horticulturist), July 28, 1950; children: Mandy Jane, Simon John. Addresses: OFFICE--MichaelRedington Ltd., 10 Maunsel Street, Westminster, London SW1P 2QL, England.
- Birth Details
- May 18, 1927
- Leicester, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Ghost of Christmas Past, A Christmas Carol, Leicester Repertory Company, Theatre Royal, Leicester, U.K., 1943.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Snug the Joiner, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Old Vic Theatre Company, Metropolitan Opera House, New York City, 1954.
- Also appeared in productions of Richard III, Antigone, and The School forScandal, all Old Vic Theatre Company, New Theatre, London, 1949.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; PRODUCER
- Heartaches of an English Pussycat, Old Vic Theatre, London, 1980.
- The Flying Karamazov Brothers, May Fair Theatre, London, 1981.
- 84 Charing Cross Road, Ambassadors' Theatre, London, 1981, then (with Alexander Cohen) Nederlander Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- This Thing Called Love, Ambassadors' Theatre, 1983.
- Pack of Lies, Lyric Theatre, London, 1983, then (with Arthur Cantor) Royale Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Breaking the Code, Royal Haymarket Theatre, London, then (with James Nederlander) Neil Simon Theatre, New York City, both 1987.
- Mr. and Mrs. Nobody, Garrick Theatre, London, 1987.
- The Best of Friends, Apollo Theatre, London, 1987.
- Mrs. Klein, Apollo Theatre, 1988.
- Also produced The Flying Karamazov Brothers, Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland; productions of the Arena Stage Company, Washington, DC, at the Hong Kong Arts Festival; and productions of the Abbey Theatre Company, Dublin,Ireland, at the Baltimore International Theatre Festival, Baltimore, MD.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Snug the Joiner, A Midsummer Night's Dream, U.S. cities, 1954.
Other articles you might like: