Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jim Carter to Tom Clark
Walter Jacobsen Charles Biography (1945-)
Addresses: Agent: Baldwin-Scully, Inc., 501 Fifth Ave., New York, NY,10017.
"The other great love of my life is classical music. I started out as a pianist, and still play for my own amusement--and the amusement of my friends, I might add. I support several musical organizations, especially Carnegie Hall.Great music goes directly to the emotions, more than any other art, in my view. I still remember being thrilled when I read that John Gielgud orchestratedhis great readings of Shakespeare.... Having recently purchased a country house, I've become increasingly concerned with environmental issues, and I'm passionately supportive of all attempts to clean up the water, air, andprotect as much of our wildlife as possible."
- Birth Details
- April 4, 1945
- Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
- Frank Butler, Show Boat, Kenley Star Theatre, Wichita, KS, 1969.
New York Debut
- Vince Fontaine, Grease, Royale, New York, 1974, 650 + performances.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Sweeney Todd (understudy), Sweeney Todd, Uris, New York, 1979; understudy, Cats, Winter Garden, 1982; Renaud, La Cage aux Folles,Palace, New York, 1983; Walt Whitman, Song of Myself, Pennsylvannia Stage Company, 1982; Prince, Operetta, My Dear Watson, Indiana Repertory Company, Indianapolis, IN, 1982; Cooley, Anyone Can Whistle, Berkshire Theatre Festival, 1980; Dr. Carrasco, Man of La Mancha, 1978; Aristide, Can-Can, 1976; I Do, I Do, 1971.
The Doctors, 1973.
Principal Television Appearances
- District Attorney Levene, All My Children, 1978; Antoinette Perry Awards Show, 1981.
- Dickenson, 1776; Sweeney Todd; Albin, La Cage Aux Folles.
Other articles you might like: