Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Marla Singer to Rod Steiger
Martin Starger Biography (1932-)
Born May 8, 1932, in New York, NY. Addresses: Contact--c/o Marstar Productions, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608.
- Birth Details
- May 8, 1932
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; Television Executive Producer; Movies
- "All Quiet on the Western Front," Hallmark Hall of Fame, CBS, 1979.
- Friendly Fire, ABC, 1979.
- Jennifer: A Woman's Story, NBC, 1979.
- Pleasure Palace, CBS, 1980.
- Rodeo Girl, CBS, 1980.
- Red Flag: The Ultimate Game, CBS, 1981.
- Consenting Adult, ABC, 1985.
- Escape from Sobibor, CBS, 1987.
- Marcus Welby, M.D.--A Holiday Affair (also known as Dr. Marcus Welby in Paris), NBC, 1988.
Credits; Television Executive Producer; Pilots
- The Rock Rainbow, ABC, 1978.
- Sanctuary of Fear (also known as Girl in the Park), NBC, 1979.
- The Son-in-Law, NBC, 1980.
- My Wife Next Door, CBS, 1980.
- Legends of the West: Truth and Tall Tales, ABC, 1981.
- The Return of Marcus Welby, M.D., ABC, 1984.
Credits; Television Executive Producer; Series
- Westside Medical, ABC, 1977.
- Whodunit?, NBC, 1979.
- The Two of Us, CBS, 1981-82.
Credits; Television Executive Producer; Specials
- Omnibus (three-part series), ABC, 1980-81.
- The Elephant Man, ABC, 1982.
- The 42nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards Presentation, Fox, 1990.
Credits; Television Executive Producer; Miniseries
- "Earth Star Voyager," Disney Sunday Movie, ABC, 1988.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- The 4th Annual Television Academy Hall of Fame, Fox, 1987.
Credits; Film Work; Executive Producer
- Executive producer of Nashville, 1975; The Domino Principle, 1977; MovieMovie, 1978; The Muppet Movie, 1979; Raise the Titanic, 1980; The Great Muppet Caper, Hard Country, and The Legend of the Lone Ranger, all 1981; Sophie'sChoice and Barbarosa, both 1982; Saturn 3; and On Golden Pond.
Credits; Film Work; Producer
- (With Lew Grade) Autumn Sonata, New World, 1978.
- (With Grade, Horst Wendlandt and Ingmar Bergman) Aus dem Leben des Marionetten (also known as From the Life of the Marionettes), ITC/Associated Film,1980.
- (With Howard Alston) Mask, Universal, 1985.
- Code Name: Emerald, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1985.
- Also produced The Last Unicorn, 1982.
Credits; Stage Work; Producer
- (With Lew Grade), Starlight Express, Gershwin Theatre, New York City, c.1987.
- (With The Really Useful Theatre Co.) Lend Me a Tenor, Royale Theatre, NewYork City, 1989-90.
- Producer (with Grade and Robert Fryer), Merrily We Roll Along, Alvin Theatre, New York City; and (with Grade and the Shubert Organization) Sly Fox, New York City.
Other articles you might like: