Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Kristi Zea to Frank von Zerneck
le Clanché du Rand Biography (1941-)
Addresses: Agent: Bruce Savin, c/o Agency for the Performing Arts, 888Seventh Avenue, New York, NY, 10106.
"To have come from the African bush to Berkeley in the Sixties, was an education in itself and one that changed my life forever. I have acted in many of the regional theatres in America as well as Broadway and off and off-off Broadway.... I studied Balinese dance and drama in Indonesia which caused a radical change in my viewpoint towards theatre which I have since considered as a holy art ... of personal transformation.... I view my basic training as an actor to have taken place as an actor in the theatre and through observing the best actors of our time. Except for vocal speech and physical training, I don't think there is much one can teach in an acting class. I believe that besides talent and soul, an actor needs a keen sense of aesthetic discrimination."
- actress, writer, teacher
- Birth Details
- August 12, 1941
- Mafeking, South Africa
- Alison, Look Back in Anger, University Theatre, Rhodes University,Grahamstown, South Africa, 1960.
New York Debut
- Maria, Twelfth Night, Perry Street Theatre, for 22 performances, 1976.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Mrs. Boyle,Whose Life Is It Anyway, NY, 1979; understudy/Helen Bullins, Einstein and the Polar Bear, NY; the Woman, Invitation to theDance, A.T.A., NY; Mrs. Prentice, What the Butler Saw, Westside Arts, NY; Millamant, The Way of the World, East 91st Street, NY; Pasha,Unfinished Women, NY Shakespeare Festival; Marion, Absurd Person Singular, Buffalo Studio Arena, NY; Yvette, Impromptu of Outremont,Syracuse Stage, NY; Myra Arundel, Hay Fever, Kenyon Festival Theatre,OH; Molly, Paradise Is Closing Down, Syracuse Stage; Cissy, Loved, Syracuse Stage; Cecily, The Importance of Being Earnest, IndianaRepertory Company; Alcestis, The Alcestiad, PCPA, Califorriia; Mag, The Sea Plays, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT; Anna Tot, The Tot Family, Arena Stage, Washington, DC; Anna Christie, Anna Christie,Theatre-by-the-Sea, NH; Elvira, Blithe Spirit, Cohoes Music Hall; Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ashland, OR--Hermione, The Winter's Tale,Helena, All's Well That Ends Well, Julia, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Maria, Twelfth Night, Tintinabula, A Funny Thing Happenedon the Way to the Forum, Thea, Hedda Gabler; Irene, Idiots Delight, Berkeley Repertory Theatre; Nora, The Plough and the Stars, Berkeley Repertory Theatre; Colorado Shakespeare Festival--Mrs. Ford, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Portia, The Merchant of Venice, Margaret, Henry VI, pt. 2, Elizabeth, Richard III.
- Mrs. Boyle, Whose Life Is It Anyway, Parker Playhouse, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 1979-80.
- Faculty (Acting, Playwriting), Lincoln Center Institute, 1982-83.
- C. S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, for the Lincoln Center Institute (published) 1983.
Other articles you might like: