Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
Allen Davis, III Biography (1929-)
Born March 9, 1929, in Cincinnati, OH; son of Allen, Jr. (a manufacturer) andRose (Gershon) Davis. Addresses: HOME--484 West 43rd St., Apt. 20F, New York, NY 10036.
- Birth Details
- March 9, 1929
- Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Stage manager, Karamu House, Cleveland, OH, 1950-51, Cherry County Playhouse, Traverse City, MI, 1955, Northland Theatre, Southfield, MI, 1956; special arts coordinator, East New York Young Men's and Women's Hebrew Associations, Brooklyn, NY, 1961-63; executive director, North Shore Community Arts Center, Roslyn, NY, 1963-64; administrator and general manager, Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati, OH, 1966; general manager, Santa Fe Theatre Company, NM, 1967-68; writer in residence, University of Alaska, 1975; administrator, PuertoRican Traveling Theatre, New York City, 1970- 78, then director of playwrights workshop, 1980-86; member of board of directors for Theatre at St. Clements, 1980; treasurer, Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of America, Inc., 1985-86.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Leroy and the Ark, Brooklyn, NY, 1962.
- Rocco, the Rolling Stone, Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati, OH, 1966.
- The Head of Hair, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, WI, 1968, and New TheatreWorkshop, New York City, 1970.
- Where the Green Bananas Grow, Herbert Berghof Studio Foundation, New YorkCity, 1972.
- The Rag Doll, University of Texas at Austin, 1972, and New Dramatists, New York City, 1974.
- Bull Fight Cow, New Dramatists, 1976.
- Montezuma's Revenge, Theatre at St. Clements, New York City, 1978.
- PLAYS,UNPRODUCED "High Stakes" and "Song of a Consumptive Canary."
Other articles you might like: