Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Haneke to Lance Henriksen
Jan Hartman Biography (1938-)
Born May 23, 1938, in Stockholm, Sweden; came to U.S., 1938, naturalized citizen, 1948; son of Robert Schirokauer (a philosopher) and Rita D. (Emanuel) Hartman; married Lorie Selz (a writer and teacher), June 9, 1960; children: Katherine Emanuel, Tanya Elizabeth. Addresses: HOME--New York, NY. AGENT--c/o Robert A. Freedman Dramatic Agency and Brandt & Brandt Literary Agency, 1501 Broadway, Suite 2310, New York, NY 10036; c/o Robin Lowe, MLR Ltd.,200 Fulham Road, London SW10 9PN, England.
- Birth Details
- May 23, 1938
- Stockholm, Sweden
- 1963-75: Feeling Good, Children's Television Workshop; "Alred Running Wild," CBS Playhouse; "The Long Conversation," Camera Three; "A Memory of Autumn," Prudential Onstage; "The Survivor," CBS Playhouse; "Alexander," ABC Afterschool Special.
- Song of Myself, CBS, 1976.
- With All Deliberate Speed, CBS, 1976.
- Bound for Freedom, NBC, 1976.
- The Great Wallendas, NBC, 1977.
- "Hewitt's Just Different," ABC Afterschool Special, 1978.
- "Second Sight," ABC Theatre, 1978.
- The Herman Graebe Story, CBS, 1979.
- "The Late Great Me," ABC Afterschool Special, 1980.
- A Lasting Love, CBS, 1981.
- "Killing the Goose," National Television Theatre, PBS, 1982.
- "Stix and Stones," ABC Afterschool Special.
- The Campbells, CTV.
- The Last Weapon, CBC.
- Pigeon Feathers.
- The Day the Children Saved the World.
- The Presidents.
- The Story of Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
- MINI-SERIES Muir: Earth, Planet, Universe, PBS, 1984-85.
- The Manor and the Estate (upcoming).
- Lamp Unto My Feet, CBS.
- Directions, ABC.
- Look Up and Live, CBS.
- Frontiers of Faith, NBC.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Samuel Hoopes Reading from His Own Works, Wichita State University, 1963.
- The Shadow of the Valley, Lemars, IA, 1964.
- The Legend of Daniel Boone, Harrodsburg, KY, 1964--.
- Antique Masks, Villanova, PA, 1966.
- Freeman, Freeman, Karamu House, Cleveland, OH.
- Final Solutions, Felt Forum, Madison Square Garden, NY, 1968.
- Fragment of a Last Judgment, Eugene O'Neill Memorial Theatre Foundation,Waterford, CT, 1967.
- The American War Crimes Trial, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1973.
- Flight 981, St. Clements, NY, 1977.
- Abelard and Heloise, Charlotte Opera House, NC, 1982.
- To the Ninth Circle, Juilliard School of Drama, NY, 1983.
- K, Performance Theater Center, NY, 1983-84.
- A Winter Visitor, Ventura Theatre Company, 1986.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHED "Samuel Hoopes Reading from His Own Works," Best Short Plays of 1978, Dramatists Play Service, 1978.
- The Shadow of the Valley: Four Contemporary Religious Plays, Paulist.
- Flatboatman, Dramtists Play Service.
- Every Year at the Carnival, Dramatists Play Service.
- Hail to the Chief, Twentieth Century-Fox.
- The Cursed Medallion or Emily, Italian International.
- Jelly Roll, Belafonte Enterprises.
- The Bauhaus, NEH.
- Political Theatre, an Anthology, Bantam.
- Elements of Film Writing, Intext-Crowell.
Other articles you might like: