Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
John Belushi Biography (1949-1982)
Born January 24, 1949, in Chicago, IL; died of an accidental drug overdose, March 5, 1982, in Hollywood, CA; son of a restaurant operator; brother of JimBelushi (an actor); married Judith Jacklin (a book designer).
- Birth Details
- January 24, 1949
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Death Details
- March 5, 1982
- Hollywood, California, United States
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Saturday Night Live (also known as NBC's Saturday Night), NBC, 1975-79.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- The Beach Boys Special, NBC, 1976.
- The Richard Pryor Special, NBC, 1977, 1982.
- Things We Did Last Summer, NBC, 1978.
- Steve Martin's Best Show Ever, NBC, 1981.
- Henry Kissinger, Saturday Night Live's Presidential Bash, NBC, 1992.
Credits; Film Appearances
- John "Bluto" Blutarsky, National Lampoon's Animal House, Universal, 1978.
- Hector, Goin' South, Paramount, 1978.
- Eric Katz, Old Boyfriends, Avco Embassy, 1978.
- Wild Bill Kelso, 1941, Universal, 1979.
- Voice, Shame of the Jungle (animated), International Harmony, 1979.
- "Joliet" Jake Blues, The Blues Brothers, Universal, 1980.
- Ernie Souchak, Continental Divide, Universal, 1981.
- Earl Keese, Neighbors, Columbia, 1981.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- National Lampoon's Lemmings, Village Gate Theatre, New York City, 1973.
- The National Lampoon Show, New Palladium Theatre, New York City, 1975.
- Appeared as the cardinal in a summer stock production of Anna of the Thousand Days.
- (With Dan Aykroyd) Briefcase Full of Blues, Atlantic, c. 1978.
- Contributor, The Beach Boys Special, NBC, 1976.
- Contributor to Saturday Night Live, with other cast members.
- Newsweek, March 15, 1982; March 22, 1982.
- People, March 22, 1982.
- Rolling Stone, June 11, 1992, p. 124.
- Time, March 15, 1982; April 24, 1989.
Other articles you might like: