Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Willie Aames to Steven Anderson
Michael Abbensetts Biography (1938-)
Born June 8, 1938, in Georgetown, Guyana; became citizen of England, 1974; son of Neville John (a doctor) and Elaine Abbensetts. Addresses: Agent--Gil Parker, William Morris Agency, 1350 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY10019; Jane Annakin, William Morris Agency, Ltd., 147-149 Wardour St., LondonW1V 3TB, England; c/o Anthony Sheil Associates, 43 Doughty St., London WC1N2LF, England.
- Guyanese, British
- Birth Details
- June 8, 1938
- Georgetown, Guyana
- Sweet Talk (two-act), produced in the West End at Royal Court Theatre, 1973, published by Methuen, 1974.
- Alterations (two-act), produced in the West End at Theatre at New End, 1978.
- Samba (two-act), produced in the West End at Tricycle Theatre, 1980.
- In the Mood (two-act), produced in the West End at Hampstead Theatre, 1981.
- Outlaw, produced at Art's Theatre, 1983.
- El Dorado, produced at Theatre Royale, 1984.
- Author of The Museum Attendant, 1973; Inner City Blues, 1974; Crime and Passion, 1975; Roadrunner, 1977; Black Christmas, 1977. Also author of scriptsfor the series Empire Road, 1978-79.
- Sweet Talk, British Broadcasting Corporation Radio (BBC-Radio), 1974.
- Home Again, BBC-Radio, 1975.
- The Sunny Side of the Street, BBC-Radio, 1977.
- Brothers of the Sword, BBC-Radio, 1978.
- Alterations, BBC World Service, 1980.
- The Fast Lane, Capital Radio, 1980.
- The Dark Horse, BBC-Radio, 1981.
- Empire Road (novelization of television series), Grenada, 1979.
Other articles you might like: