Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Patrick Renna to Christy Carlson Romano
Michael Ritchie Biography (1938-2001)
Full name, Michael Brunswick Ritchie; born November 28, 1938, in Waukesha, WI; son of Benbow Ferguson (a college professor) and Patricia (Graney) Ritchie;married Georgina Tebrock, February 2, 1963; children: Lauren, Jessica, Steven. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Kinzelberg and Broder, 1801 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 911, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
- Birth Details
- November 28, 1938
- Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
- Death Details
- April 16, 2001
- New York
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director, Oh Dad Poor Dad, Mama's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin'So Sad (original production), Harvard University, 1960.
- PRINCIPAL FILM WORK; ALL AS DIRECTOR,UNLESS INDICATED Downhill Racer, Paramount, 1969.
- The Candidate, Warner Brothers, 1972.
- Prime Cut, National General, 1972.
- (also producer) Smile, United Artists, 1975.
- The Bad News Bears, Paramount, 1976.
- Semi-Tough, United Artists, 1977.
- producer, The Bad News Bears Go to Japan, Paramount, 1978.
- An Almost Perfect Affair, Paramount, 1979.
- The Island, Universal, 1980.
- (also producer) Divine Madness, Warner Brothers, 1980.
- The Survivors, Columbia, 1983.
- Fletch, Universal, 1984.
- Wildcats, Warner Brothers, 1986.
- The Golden Child, Paramount, 1986.
- The Couch Trip, Orion, 1987.
- Also directed several documentaries.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; ALL AS DIRECTOR,UNLESS INDICATEDSERIES (Also associate producer) Profiles in Courage, NBC, 1964-65.
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E., NBC, 1964-68.
- Run for Your Life, NBC, 1965-68.
- The Big Valley, ABC, 1965-69.
- Felony Squad, ABC, 1966-69.
- Also Doctor Kildare, NBC.
- The Outsider, NBC, 1967.
- The Sound of Anger, NBC, 1968.
- (With Walter Bernstein and Don Petersen) An Almost Perfect Affair, Paramount, 1979.
- Also wrote the lyrics for Smile, United Artists, 1975.
Other articles you might like: