Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Allen R. Belknap Biography (1941-)
Born November 25, 1941, in New York City; son of Ellsworth (a stock manager)and Deane (a teacher; maiden name, Woods) Belknap. Addresses: Office--749 South Ogden Dr., #4, Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- Birth Details
- November 25, 1941
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; Stage Work; Director
- Pop, Players Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- The Devils, Direct Theatre, NY, 1975.
- Gilgamesh, Direct Theatre, 1975.
- Columbus, Direct Theatre, 1976.
- Nature and Purpose of the Universe, Direct Theatre, 1976.
- Lulu, Direct Theatre, 1977.
- Earth Spirit and Pandora's Box, Direct Theatre, 1977.
- The Beasts, Direct Theatre, 1978.
- Modigliani, Direct Theatre, 1978.
- Approaching Zero, La Mama Etc. Theatre, New York City, 1978.
- Nature and Purpose of the Universe, Direct Theatre, 1979.
- Jaywalkin', Direct Theatre, 1979.
- Modigliani, Astor Place Theatre, New York City, 1979.
- The Interview, Direct Theatre, 1980.
- Blau and Pignoli, Perry Street Theatre, New York City, 1980.
- Beginner's Luck, Tiffany's Attic, Kansas City, MO, 1981.
- Almost an Eagle, American Stage Festival, 1981.
- Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Tiffany's Attic, 1982.
- South Pacific, Fredericksburg Theater Company, 1982.
- Princess Grace, Wisdoms Bridge, Chicago, IL, 1982.
- Blood Moon, Production Company, NY, 1983.
- Comedy of Errors, Fort Worth Shakespeare Festival, TX, 1983.
- The Taming of the Shrew, Alabama Shakespeare Festival, 1983.
- Without Apologies, Pittsburgh Playhouse, PA, 1983.
- Blood Moon, Actors and Directors, NY, 1983.
- The Killing of Sister George, Roundabout, New York City, 1983.
- School for Scandal, Folger Shakespeare Festival, Washington, DC, 1984.
- The Flight of the Earls, Westside Arts Theatre, NY, 1984.
- They're Playing Our Song, Toho Productions, Tokyo, Japan, 1984.
- Philco Blues, NY, 1984.
- Diminished Capacity, GeVa Theatre, Rochester, NY, 1986.
- A Lesson from Aloes, Pennsylvania Stage Company, Allentown, PA, 1987.
- Alfred Stieglitz Loves O'Keefe, GeVa Theatre, 1987.
- Equus, GeVa Theatre, 1987.
- How the Other Half Loves, Pennsylvania Stage Company, 1988.
- Established Price, Philadelphia Festival Theatre, Philadelphia, PA, 1988.
- Heaven's Hard, The Alley Theatre, Houston, TX, 1989.
- Little Shop of Horrors, George Street Playhouse, New Brunswick, NJ, thenPennsylvania Stage Company, 1989.
- The Boys Next Door, GeVa Theatre, 1989.
- Adult Fiction, GeVa Theatre, 1990.
- A Piece of My Heart, Manhattan Theatre Club, Union Square Theatre, New York City, 1991.
- Director of Electra, The Guardsman, On Borrowed Time, Beowulf, The Art Lovers, Anele, A Phoenix Too Frequent, A Sleep of Prisoners, Brechon-Brecht, Tango, The Bacchae, The Days Between, Under Milkwood, A Musical Timepiece, Brand, Arms and the Man, Peer Gynt, Room, Collection, Slights Ache, Dial 'M' forMurder, The Rose Tattoo, The Hostage, The Way of the World, Two for the Seesaw,A Streetcar Named Desire, The Little Foxes, Look Back in Anger, Picnic, After the Fall, Private Ear/Public Eye, A Taste of Honey, Barefoot in the Park,Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, The Imaginary Invalid, My Fair Lady, RichardIII, and Threepenny Opera, all 1965-72.
Credits; Film Work; Director
- Traveler's Rest, 1991.
Other articles you might like: