Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gabrielle Fitzpatrick to Christopher Fulford
Laurie Franks Biography (1929-)
Addresses: Home: 74 Riverside Drive, New York, NY, 10024.
"I used to get bowling trophies when I bowled on the Broadway Show League teams for Mame and Applause. I am now on a dart team in the New York City Raven Division."
- actress, singer
- Birth Details
- August 14, 1929
- Lucasville, Ohio
- chorus, Lousiville Amphitheatre, Iroquois Park, Louisville, KY, 1951.
New York Debut
Christmas Show, Radio City Music Hall, 1956.
- Marion, The Music Man, Sydney, 1960.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Jane, Leave It to Jane, Sheridan Square Playhouse, NY, 1959; Gaby,Around the World in 80 Days, Jones Beach, NY, 1961; Agnes Gooch, Mame, Winter Garden, NY, 1966-69. Mrs. Carter, Oh Boy, Goodspeed, East Haddam, CT, 1983; Miss Hicks, The Human Comedy, New York Shakespeare Festival, 1984;
- Broadway--Marchese Crespi, Something More; Olga, Anya; Winkle, Utter Glory of Morrissey Hall; Karen, Applause; Off-Broadway--Ruth Carter Stapleton, Jimmy and Billy; Repertory--Madame Yepanchin, Subject to Fits, Soho Rep, NY; Madame Aigreville, In Fashion,Actors Theatre of Louisville, KY; Teacake Magee, The Ponder Heart, New Stage; Stock--Bianca, Kiss Me Kate; Kathy, The Student Prince; Mrs. Darling, Peter Pan; Marietta, Naughty Marietta; Mrs. Sowerberry/Old Sally, Oliver; Lady Catherine, Vagabond King; Fermina, Man of La Mancha; Laurey, Oklahoma; Erikson/Lady Saltburn,Present Laughter; Rosabella, Most Happy Fella; Desiree, A Little Night Music; Dinner Theatre--Donna Lucia, Where's Charley; Marion, Don't Drink the Water; Phyllis, Ninety-Day Mistress; Laura, Tenderloin; Maud, Oh Captain; Mrs. Harcourt, Anything Goes; Polly, Boy Friend; Madame Hortense, Zorba; Countess, Song of Norway; Vera Charles, Mame; Eleanor, A Lion inWinter.
- pianist, local Cincinnati station, 1949.
Principal Television Appearances
American Musical Theater Series, 1960; Miss Kaye, Ryan's Hope; Mrs. Dodd, One Life to Live; Mrs. Heller, Faith for Today; Molly O'Keefe, Another World.
Other articles you might like: