Allen Zwerdling Biography (1922-)
Born October 11, 1922, in New York, NY; son of William (a wholesale fruit merchant) and Yetta (Nagler) Zwerdling; married Shirley Hoffman, December 2, 1946; children: Sherry, Jan, Gary. Addresses: HOME--532 Springtown Road,New Paltz, NY 12561. OFFICE--Back Stage Publications, 330 W. 42nd Street, NewYork, NY 10036.
Mr. Zwerdling told CTFT, "I am now semi-retired, doing odd acting jobs, odd writing-editing jobs at Back Stage, and am an almost fulltime tennis player."
- Birth Details
- October 11, 1922
- New York, New York, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--At age eight, performed with the Players Guild of Manhattan.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Actor and stage manager, Players Guild of Manhattan.
- producer and director, the American Players, Zurich, Switzerland, 1946-47.
- assistant to the director, Zurich State Theatre, Switzerland, 1946- 47.
- director of the Kansas City Resident Theatre, MO, 1947-48.
- producer and director of ninety-five servicemen shows for the U.S.
- Air Force Special Services.
- director of the City College of New York Theatre Workshop.
- Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Actor and director in Switzerland in Kiss & Tell and Springtime for Henry.
- FILM DEBUT--One More Time, 1986.
- Editor, Show Business, 1948-1960.
- editor and publisher, Back Stage, 1960-87.
- editor of U.S. Army newspaper in Foggia, Italy.
- syndicated stories on the theatre appearing in over three hundred fifty newspapers, published by the U.S. Army.
- Three short plays published by the U.S. Army.
- Editor, Back Stage Television, Film, Tape & Syndication Directory.