Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
Carole Simpson Biography (1940-)
Full name, Carole Estelle Simpson; born December 7, 1940, in Chicago, IL; daughter of Lytle Ray and Doretha Viola (maiden name, Wilbon) Simpson; married James Edward Marshall (an engineer), September 3, 1966; children: Mallika JoyMarshall, Adam Marshall. Addresses: Office: ABC News, 1717 DeSales St.Northwest, Washington, DC 20036.
- Broadcast journalist, news anchor, writer
- Birth Details
- December 7, 1940
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Commentator, Our People (public affairs series), WTTW-TV (Chicago,IL), c. 1968-1970
- Anchor, ABC World News Tonight Saturday (also known as World News Tonight Saturday), ABC, 1988-1993
- Anchor, ABC World News Tonight Sunday (also known as World NewsTonight Sunday), ABC, 1993-
- Host of Her-Rah (public affairs series), WRC-TV (NBC affiliate inWashington, DC).
- Anchor, Public Schools in Conflict: A Question of Values, ABC, 1985
- Anchor, Sex, Violence and Values: Changing Images, ABC, 1986
- Reporter, The '88 Vote: Election Night, ABC, 1988
- Reporter, Black in White America, ABC, 1989
- Moderator, The Second Presidential Debate, ABC, 1992
Growing Up in the Age of AIDS: An ABC News Town Meeting for the Family--with Peter Jennings, ABC, 1992
- Correspondent, Children First: Real Kids, Real Solutions, ABC, 1995
- Correspondent in Chicago, ABC 2000, ABC, 1999
- Herself, Born in My Heart: A Love Story, ABC, 2001
She Says: Women in News, PBS, 2001
- Also appeared in The Changing American Family, ABC; for ABC affiliates, coanchored news coverage of the Senate impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton.
- Narrator, "O. J. Simpson," Biography, Arts and Entertainment, 1995
- Contributor of "American Agenda" segments to ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings (also known as World News Tonight with Peter Jennings), ABC. Also appeared in ABC News Nightline (also known as Nightline), Business World, and 20/20, all ABC.
- News anchor, reporter, movie reviewer, and book reviewer for WCFL Radio,Chicago, IL, 1965-68; reporter for WBBM Radio, Chicago, IL, 1968-70.
Children First: Real Kids, Real Solutions, ABC, 1995
- Wrote column "On My Mind" for ABCNEWS.com.
Contemporary Black Biography, Volume 30, Gale, 2001
Notable Black American Women, Book 1, Gale, 1992
Quill, June, 1994, pp. 24-28