Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
John Romano to Waldo Salt
Dee Etta Rowe Biography (1953-)
Born January 29, 1953, in Lewiston, ME; daughter of Harry Alvan (an officer in the U.S. Air Force) and Elinor Ilene (a professional dancer and owner of abeauty salon; maiden name, Flagg) Rowe. Addresses: HOME--134 W. 93rd Street, New York, NY 10025. AGENT--Richard Cataldi Agency, 180 Seventh Avenue,Suite 1C, New York, NY 10011.
- Birth Details
- January 29, 1953
- Lewiston, Maine, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Neighbor lady and understudy Cleo, The Most Happy Fella (revival), Majestic Theatre, New York City 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Evie, Stop the World, I Want to Get Off, Marion Players, MA.
- Nancy, Oliver!, Falmouth Theatre, MA.
- Nettie Fowler, Carousel, Beef n' Boards Dinner Theatre, IN.
- Frau Schmidt, The Sound of Music, Northstage Theatre, Long Island, NY.
- Hattie, Kiss Me, Kate, An Evening Dinner Theatre, NY.
- Millie, Good News, Beef n' Boards Dinner Theatre, KY.
- Olga von Sturm and understudy Mama Maddelena, Nine, 46th Street Theatre,New York City.
- Mama Maddelena, Nine, An Evening Dinner Theatre, NY.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Mother Abbess, The Sound of Music, bus and truck.
- Mrs. O'Brian, Showboat, Wolftrap Farm Park, Arlington, VA, and national.
- ensemble, Sweeney Todd, national.
- Lulu, The Jumping Frog of Calaveras County, with the Hartford Symphony atthe Bushnell Auditorium, Atlantic City, NJ.
Credits; PRINCIPAL OPERA APPEARANCES
- With the Hartt Opera Theatre, CT: Constanza, The Abduction from the Seraglio; Eurydice, Orpheus in the Underworld; Musetta, La Boheme; Anne Trulove, The Rake's Progress; title role, Carmen.
- Miss Pinkerton, The Old Maid and the Thief, Greater Hartford Civic Arts Festival.
- High Priestess, Aida and Curra, La Forza Del Destino, both Connecticut Opera Association.
- Mrs. Splinters, The Tender Land, Encompass Theatre, New York City.
- soloist, The Creation, Chatham Chorale, Cape Cod, MA.
- Gabriel (soloist), The Seven Last Words of Christ, Bethany Covenant Church, CT.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Sweeney Todd, cable.
- The Most Happy Fella, with the Michigan Opera Theatre on PBS.
Other articles you might like: