Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Denison to Carol L. Dudley
Joan Diener Biography (1934-)
Born February 24, 1934, in Cleveland, OH; married Albert Marre; children: oneson, one daughter. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Floria Lasky, Fitelson, Lasky, Aslan and Couture, 551 Fifth Avenue, 34th Fl., New York, NY 10176.
- Birth Details
- February 24, 1934
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--H.M.S. Pinafore, Cleveland Playhouse, OH, 1947.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Small Wonder, Coronet Theatre, September 15, 1948.
- LONDON DEBUT--Lalume, Kismet, Stoll Theatre, 1955.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Deedy Barton, Season in the Sun, Cort Theatre, New York City, 1950.
- title role, Kiss Me, Kate, Sacramento Music Circus Theatre, CA, 1952.
- Lalume, Kismet, Ziegfeld Theatre, New York City, 1953.
- The Ziegfeld Follies, Shubert Theatre, Boston, then Shubert Theatre, Philadelphia, 1956.
- Isola Parelli, At the Grand, Philharmonic Auditorium, Los Angeles, then Curran Theatre, San Francisco, 1958.
- appeared in a musical revue, Palladium Theatre, London, 1959.
- soprano roles, various operas in Italy and Germany, 1959-60.
- title role, La Belle Helene, Cambridge Drama Festival, MA, 1960.
- Frenchy, Destry Rides Again, North Shore Theatre, Beverly, MA, 1961.
- repeated title role, La Belle (revised version of La Belle Helene), Shubert Theatre, Philadelphia, 1962.
- Aldonza, Man of La Mancha, Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam, CT, 1965,American National Theatre Academy (ANTA)-Washington Square Theatre, New YorkCity, 1965, Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, 1967, Piccadilly Theatre, London,1968, (in French version) Opera House, Brussels, Belgium and Champs Elysees Theatre, Paris, 1968-69, and (in revival) Vivian Beaumont Theatre, New York City, 1972.
- Kathleen Stanton, Cry for Us All, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- Penelope, Home Sweet Homer, Palace Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- Lalume, Kismet, with the Los Angeles Civic Light Opera at the ShaftesburyTheatre, London, 1978.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Title role, La Belle (revised version of La Belle Helene,) U.S.
- cities, 1962.
- Penelope, Odyssey, U.S. cities, 1974-76.
- NIGHT CLUBS--Appeared at the Blue Angel, New York City, 1950.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Regular, The Fifty-Fourth Street Revue, CBS, 1949-50.
- "Androcles and the Lion," Omnibus, CBS, 1956.
- The Today Show, NBC.
- The Ed Sullivan Show, CBS.
- The Johnny Carson Show, NBC.
Other articles you might like: