Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Johnny Brandon to Ric Burns
Jones Brooks Biography (1934-)
Addresses: Home: 142 Goodwives Road, Noroton, CT, 06820; Office: ViceVersa Vision, Box 3239, Noroton, CT, 06820.
- director, producer
First Stage Work
- Director, Dark of the Moon, McCarter, Princeton, NJ, 1960.
Principal Stage Work
- Associate producer and producer of Princeton's McCarter Theatre, 1958-60; producer and artistic director of Cincinnati's Playhouse in the Park: directed 35 productions, 1962-70; artistic director, Center for the Arts atPurchase, NY, 1979-date.
- (Plays)--The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui, Long Wharf, New Haven,CT, Enrico IV, Trinity Square Repertory; L'Histoire du Soldat, Long Wharf, The Balcony and The Birthday Party, Center Stage, Baltimore; Knight of the Burning Pestle, Long Wharf. (Regional Theatre) The Good Woman of Setzuan; Endgame; He Who Gets Slapped: Man Is Man;The Zoo Story; Escurial; The Fantastics; The Threepenny Opera; Oh Dad, Poor Dad ...; Anatol; Benito Cereno, et al. (Television) Irish Triple Bill, Calvary Act, Act without Words, How She Lied to Her Husband, Esso Theatre U.S.A., 1963.
- Center for the Arts, Purchase, NY--The Queen and the Rebels (movedto New York); Man Is Man; Dario Fo Plays (moved to New York); TheRuling Class; Sally and Marsha (moved to New York); Booth Is Back in Town; Mrs. Farmer's Daughter; Shakespeare and the Indians. Regional Theatre--Over 200 plays, including The Cavern, Sodome et Gomorrhe, Eh?,and Honor and Offer.
Knight of the Burning Pestle, Long Wharf, New Haven, CT.
- Adjunct professor, Conservatory of Music, Cincinnati, 1965-71; president,Vice Versa Vision (television production), 1978-83.
Other articles you might like: