Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
David Lan Biography (1952-)
Born June 1, 1952, in Cape Town, South Africa; son of Chaim Joseph and Lois (Carklin) Lan. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Margaret Ramsay, Ltd., 14-A Goodwin's Court, St. Martin's Lane, London WC2, England.
- South African
- Birth Details
- June 1, 1952
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Painting a Wall, Almost Free Theatre, London, 1974.
- Bird Child, Theatre Upstairs, London, 1974, published by Pluto Press, 1979.
- Homage to Been Soup, Paradise, both Theatre Upstairs, 1975.
- The Winter Dancers, Theatre Upstairs, 1977, then Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA, 1978, later Marymount Manhattan Theatre, New York City, 1979.
- Not in Norwich, Royal Court Young People's Theatre Scheme, London, 1977.
- Red Earth, Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, 1978.
- Sergeant Ola and His Followers, Royal Court Theatre, London, 1979, then Soho Repertory Company, New York City, 1987, published by Methuen, 1979.
- (with Caryl Churchill) A Mouthful of Birds, Joint Stock Theatre Group, London, 1986, published by Methuen, 1986.
- Flight, Royal Shakespeare Company, Memorial Theatre, Stratford-on- Avon,U.K., 1986, published by Methuen, 1987.
- "The Sunday Judge," Global Report, BBC-2, 1985.
- Guns and Rain: Guerrillas and Spirit Mediums in Zimbabwe, published by James Currey, London, University of California Press, Los Angeles, and ZimbabwePublishing House, Harare, all 1985.
Other articles you might like: