Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Robert Lantos to Steven Levitan
Fran Lee Biography (1910-)
Born Frances Laderman, September 28, 1910, in New York, NY; daughter of Max (a garment worker) and Anna (a seamstress; maiden name, Siegelbaum) Laderman;married Samuel Weiss (an attorney), November 27, 1929; children: Barry L. andGene Lee. Addresses: OFFICE--Children Before Dogs, 565 West End Avenue, New York, NY 10024.
- Birth Details
- September 28, 1910
- New York, New York, United States
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Medea, Royale Theatre, 1947.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Mama Lucasta, Anna Lucasta, Old Towne Theatre, Smithtown, NY, 1950.
- landlady of the house, old lady of the levee, Show Boat, Rye Music Theatre, Rye, NY, 1958.
- Martha, Simon's Wife, Blackfriar's Guild Theatre, New York City, 1958.
- Also appeared in A Season in Hell, Cherry Lane Theatre, New York City, 1950; peasant woman, Embezzled Heaven; mother, The Drunkard; and in Across theBlue.
- FILM DEBUT--Miracle on 34th Street, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1947.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Splendor in the Grass, Warner Brothers, 1961.
- Funny Girl, Columbia, 1968.
- Madigan, Universal, 1968.
- The Producers, Embassy, 1968.
- Also appeared in Kiss of Death, 1947; A Face in the Crowd, 1957; Something Wild, 1961; and cameo roles in over five hundred movies.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Fourth century woman, "Teias the King," Actors Studio, ABC.
- countess, Car 54, Where Are You?, NBC.
- secretary, The Defenders, CBS.
- supervisor, The Nurses, CBS.
- Also appeared on Studio One, CBS; Lux Video Theatre, CBS; Treasury Men inAction, ABC; Lights Out, NBC; The Play's the Thing, CBS; Buck Rogers, ABC; Big Town, NBC; The Clock, ABC; We the People, NBC; Edge of Night; Guiding Light; Secret Storm.
- Chinese godmother, Major Dell Conway of the Flying Tigers, DuMont, 1951.
- appeared regularly as "Mrs. Fixit" and "Tidy Dee Lady," Don Ameche/Frances Langford Show, ABC, 1951.
- consumer reporter, Great American Homemaker, USA, 1984.
- Good Morning, New York, WABC, New York City.
- Also on her own consumer affairs show, WPIX, New York City.
- Granny Franny's Winter of Happiness, KYW, 1982.
- People Are Talking, WPIX, 1979.
- A.M. Indiana, 1979.
- Midday, WNEW, New York.
- Maury Povich, KYW QUBE.
- Tonight Show, NBC.
- Steve Allen Show, CBS.
- Tomorrow Show, NBC.
- Joe Franklin Show, WOR, New York.
- Mike Douglas Show.
- Missing Links.
- Betty Furness Show.
- Virginia Graham Show.
- Sonny Fox Show.
- David Susskind Show.
- David Frost Show.
- Stanley Siegel Show.
- Regis Philbin Show.
- Sally Jessy Raphael.
- Fran Lee's Intimate Fix-It Book, Hawthorne.