Ludi Claire Biography (1927-)
"Vital influences in development have been my associations with many great talents--Sir Tyrone Guthrie, Dame Judith Anderson, Lord Olivier, Vivien Leigh,Katherine Hepburn, Dorothy Stickney. They are great ladies and gentlemen of the theatre, a vanishing breed, who taught much by their own behavior. Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy were Best Man and Maid of Honor at my marriage to Laurence Hugo."
- actress, writer
- Rosalind, As You Like It, Civic Theatre, Fort Wayne, IN.
- New York Debut
- Slave, Medea, 1947
- Principal Stage Appearances
- (Broadway) The Small Hours; Tower Beyond Tragedy; Venus Observed; Legend of Lovers; Silk Stockings; Seventh Heaven; Goodbye Again; Someone Waiting;Holiday for Lovers; The First Gentlemen; The Country Wife; Duel of Angels; The Prisoner of Second Avenue; The Bed Before Yesterday; (Repertory) Alice, Tiny Alice, ACT, San Francisco, CA; Gertrude, Hamlet, Old Globe Shakespeare Festival, San Diego, CA; Phaedre, The Price, Life with Father, Old Globe Shakespeare Festival, San Diego, CA; Peter Pan, Atlanta Alliance, Atlanta, GA; Birdie, The Little Foxes, Hartman Theatre,Stamford, CT; Mama, The Diary of Anne Frank, Manitoba Theatre Centre;(Stock) Biography; Blithe Spirit; Rain, The Fourposter; Ring Round the Moon; Goodbye My Fancy; Clutterbuck; A Streetcar Named Desire; Charley's Aunt; Springtime for Henry; The Happy Time; The Potting Shed; Once More with Feeling.
- Principal Television Appearances
- Liz McGrath, The Edge of Night; Three's Company; Hidden Faces; TheToday Show; Medical Story.
- Plays, Unpublished
- Draw Black
- Musical Book
- Major Barbara
- Television Shows
- The 28th of June (screenplay); Family; ABC Afterschool Specials; Cleopatra (screenplay).