Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Henry Winkler to Paul Zaza
Krzysztof Zanussi Biography (1939-)
Born June 17, 1939, in Warsaw, Poland; son of Jerzy and Jadwiga Zanussi. Addresses: OFFICES--Kaniowska 114, 01-529 Warsaw, Poland; 8 Rue Richepance, Paris, France 75001.
- Birth Details
- June 17, 1939
- Warsaw, Poland
Credits; STAGE WORK
- Director, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, 1979.
- Der Konig stirbt, 1980.
- Mattatoio, 1982.
- Day and Night, 1983.
- Duo for One, 1983.
- Hiob, 1985.
- Les Joeux des Femmes, 1985.
- Alle Meine Sonne, 1986.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- As himself, Amator (also known as Camera Buff), Film Polski/Cinegate, 1979, released in the United States by New Yorker, 1983.
- FILM WORK; ALL AS DIRECTOR,UNLESS INDICATED FIRST FILM WORK--Director (with Wincenty Ronisz), Droga do nieba (also known as The Way to the Skies; short film), 1958.
- Zycie rodzinne (also known as Family Life and Family Cycle), Polish Corporation for Film Production, 1970.
- Za sciana (also known as Behind the Wall), Tor Film Unit, 1971.
- Iluminacja (also known as Illumination), Film Polski, 1973.
- The Catamount Killing, Atlas International, 1974, released in the UnitedStates by Hallmark, 1975.
- Bilans kwartalny (also known as A Woman's Decision), Tinc Productions, 1975, released in the United States by Almi Cinema V, 1977.
- Barwy ochronne (also known as Camouflage), Film Polski, 1976, released inthe Uniteds States by Comtemporary Films Ltd., 1977.
- Spirala (also known as Spiral), Polish Corporation for Film Production, 1978.
- Wege in der Nacht (also known as Ways in the Night, Paths into the Night,and Night Paths), Westdeutscher Rundfunk, 1979.
- Constans (also known as The Constant Factor), Polish Corporation for FilmProduction/New Yorker, 1980.
- Kontrakt (also known as The Contract), New Yorker, 1980, Cinegate, 1982.
- Die Unerreichbare (also known as The Unapproachable), Regina Ziegler/Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen/Osterreichischer Rundfunk Fernsehen, 1982.
- Imperativ (also known as Imperative), Telefilm Saar, 1982, released in the United States by Teleculture, 1985.
- Rok Spokonjnego Slonca (also known as The Year of the Quiet Sun), Sandstar Releasing/Blue Dolphin Film Distributors, 1984.
- Blaubart (also known as Bluebeard), Westdeutscher Rundfunk/DRS Television, 1984.
- Le Pouvoir du mal (also known as The Power of Evil), Films Moliere/Filmsdu Scorpion, 1985.
- producer (with Rock Demers), Le Jeune magicien (also known as Cudowne dziecko, The Young Magician, The Wondrous Child, and Tales for All [Part 4]), Les Productions La Fete/Film Tor Unit, 1987.
- Gdzieskolwiek jest, jeslis jest (also known as Wherever You Are and Wherever She Is), Film Polski/Liberty Film Sales, 1988.
- executive producer, And the Violins Stopped Playing, Film Polski/August Entertainment, 1989.
- Stan Posiadania (also known as State of Possession and Inventory), TOR Film Unit/Polish Television/Regina Ziegler Filmproduktion, 1989.
- Also directed Smierc prowincjala (also known as The Death of a Provincial; short film), 1966; Przemysl (short film), 1966; Maria Dabrowska (short film), 1966; Komputery (also known as Computers; short film), 1967; Struktura krszatalu (also known as The Structure of Crystals), 1969; Quarterly Balance, 1975; Haus der Frauen (also known as House of Women), 1977; Penderecki, 1977; Lutoslawa, 1977; Brigitte Horney, 1977; Versuchung, 1981; Temptation; VaticanCapitale.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK; ALL AS DIRECTOR MOVIES
- Portrait of the Composer, 1967.
- Twarza w twarz (also known as Face to Face; short film), 1968.
- Credit, 1968.
- Krzysztof Penderecki, 1968.
- Zaliczenie (also known as An Examination and Pass Mark; short film), 1969.
- Gory o zmierzchu (also known as Mountains at Dusk; short film), 1970.
- Rola (also known as Die Rolle and The Role), West German television, 1971.
- Hipoteza (also known as Hypothesis; short film), 1972.
- Milosierdzie platne z gory (also known as Nachtdienst and Night Duty), 1975.
- Anatomie stunde (also known as Lekcja anatomii and Anatomy Lesson), 1977.
- From a Far Country: Pope John Paul II, NBC, 1981.
- Also Penderecki Lutoslawski Baird, 1976; Mein Krakau (also known as My Cracow), 1979.
Writings;FILM; SEE ABOVE FOR PRODUCTION DETAILS
- (With others) Struktura krszatalu, 1969.
- Zycie rodzinne, 1971.
- (with Edward Zebrowski) Za Sciana, 1971.
- Iluminacja, 1973.
- Bilans kwartalny, 1975.
- Barwy ochronne, 1976.
- Spirala, 1978.
- Wege in der Nacht, 1979.
- Constans, 1980.
- Kontrakt, 1980.
- Versuchung, 1981.
- Imperativ, 1982.
- (with Zebrowski) Die Unerreichbare, 1982.
- Rok Spolojnego Slonca, 1984.
- Le Pouvoir du mal, 1985.
- (with Michael Hirst) Gdzieskolwiek jest, jeslis jest, 1988.
- Stan Posiadania, 1989.
- (With others) Twarza w twarz, 1968.
- (with others) Zaliczenie, 1969.
- Rola, 1971.
- Hipoteza, 1972.
- Nowele Filmowe (short film scripts), 1976.
- Scenariusze Filmowe (film scripts), 1978.
- Un rigorista nella fortezza assediata, 1982.
Other articles you might like: