Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Robert Lantos to Steven Levitan
Mouzon Law Biography (1922-)
Born September 17, 1922, in Texarkana, TX; son of Richard Green (an accountant) and Ettie Maria (McWilliams) Law. Addresses: HOME--2215 Wood Street, Texarkana, TX 75501.
Law told CTFT, "I was motivated to enter the theatre profession at an early age through participation in oratorical contests, particularly declamation, atwhich I excelled, while in public schools. I acted in plays in junior high school and senior high school in Texarkana, TX, and in a number of plays produced by the Department of Drama at the University of Texas at Austin. My favorite roles in University Theatre were Biondello, The Taming of the Shrew, andan apothecary in Romeo and Juliet, both under the direction of B. Iden Payne."The causes which interest me are Civil Rights and Affirmative Action."
- Birth Details
- September 17, 1922
- Texarkana, Texas, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director at: Sharon Playhouse, Sharon, CT, 1954; University of Texas, Austin, Northwestern University, IL, University of Illinois, and Syracuse University, NY, 1949-62.
- The Crucible, Martinique, NY, 1958.
- Approaching Simone, Boston University Centennial Theater, MA, 1969, La MaMa E.T.C., NY, 1970.
- Professional Playwrights Workshop, Berkshire Music Center, Tanglewood, MA, Berkshire Theatre Festival, Stockbridge, MA, 1970.
- University Theater, Boston University, MA, 1963-79.
- Summer Professional Repertory, Boston University, 1975.
- "A Directory of American Colleges and Universities Offering Curricular Programs in Children's Theatre," Educational Theatre Journal, 1954.
- "American Educational Theater Association Reports," Educational Theatre Journal, 1954-56.
Other articles you might like: