Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jim Carter to Tom Clark
Deidre Clancy Biography (1943-)
Born March 31, 1943, in London, England; adopted daughter of Julie M. Clancy;married Michael Steer. Addresses: AGENT--Simpson Fox Associates, 57 Fylmer Road, London SW6, England.
- Birth Details
- March 31, 1943
- London, England
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Set designer, Christmas Pantomime, Theatre Royal, Lincoln, U.K., 1965.
- FIRST NEW YORK STAGE WORK--Costume designer, Landscape and Silence, ForumTheatre, 1970.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; COSTUME DESIGNER
- Cato Street, Young Vic Theatre, London, 1971.
- (also set designer) Hedda Gabler, Stratford Festival of Canada, Stratford, ON, Canada, 1971.
- (also set designer) Macbeth, Stratford Festival of Canada, 1971.
- Quetzalcoatl, Round House Theatre, London, 1972.
- Spring Awakening, Twelfth Night, Grand Manoeuvres, all Old Vic Theatre, London, 1974.
- The Playboy of the Western World, Old Vic Theatre, 1975.
- Watch It Come Down, Il Campiello, both National Theatre, London, 1976.
- Volpone, The Madras House, The Plough and the Stars, all National Theatre, 1977.
- Plenty, Strife, both National Theatre, 1978.
- (also set designer) Il Seraglio (opera), Kent Opera, Kent, U.K., 1978.
- Cosi Fan Tutte, Metropolitan Opera House, New York City, 1980.
- Also costume designer for June Evening, Manchester, U.K., 1968; Hamlet, Nottingham, U.K., then London, both 1971; Willie Rough, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., 1972; The Thrie Estates, The Bevellers, both Edinburgh, U.K., 1974; (also set designer) Trinity Tales, Birmingham, U.K., 1975; The Voysey Inheritance, How Mad Tulloch Was Taken Away, both Edinburgh, U.K., 1975; The White Devil, As You Like It, both Nottingham, U.K., 1975; Eugene Onegin (opera), Scottish Opera, 1979.
- COSTUME DESIGNER, ALL FOR THE ROYAL COURT THEATRE,LONDON The Daughter-in-Law, (also set designer) The Ruffian on the Stair, (also set designer) The Erpingham Camp, all 1967.
- A Collier's Friday Night, The Widowing of Mrs. Holyroyd, both 1968.
- Marya, 1969.
- Trixie and Baba, (also set designer) Early Morning, (also set designer) Uncle Vanya, all 1970.
- Sleeper's Den, Lear, both 1971.
- Crete, (also set designer) Sergeant Pepper, (also set designer) Hedda Gabler, all 1971.
- (also set designer) The Sea, 1973.
- Entertaining Mr. Sloane, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK; COSTUME DESIGNER
- The Virgin and the Gypsy, Chevron, 1970.
- The Girl from Petrovka, Universal, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Costume designer for numerous series and plays.
Other articles you might like: