Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Judy Cornwell to Howard Da Silva
Ken Costigan Biography (1934-)
Born April 4, 1934, in New York, NY; son of Thomas Joseph (a doctor) and Kathleen (McCrann) Costigan; married Barbara Sue Ellenberger, July, 1972 (divorced, February, 1983); children: Kevin T. Addresses: Agent--c/o Phoenix Artists, 311 West 43rd St. #1401, New York, NY, 10036.
- Birth Details
- April 4, 1934
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- (Broadway debut) Purah, Gideon, Plymouth Theatre, 1962.
- Joe Egg, Pittsburgh Playhouse, Pittsburgh, PA, 1969-70.
- Lawyer, The Runner Stumbles, Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City, 1974.
- Montgomery Hawkes, Peg o' My Heart, Theatre Four, New York City, and LionTheatre Company, New York City, 1977.
- Mr. Kraler, The Diary of Anne Frank, Theatre Four, 1978.
- Mr. Rogers, The Show-Off, Roundabout Stage Two Theatre, New York City, 1978.
- Peter Quince, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Equity Library Theatre, New YorkCity, 1978.
- Richard III, Virginia Museum Theatre, Richmond, VA, 1978.
- Shamraev, The Sea Gull, New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theatre, NewYork City, 1980.
- Shirley Basin, New Dramatists Inc., New York City, 1980-81.
- Zellito, Declassee, Lion Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Arlen, Big Apple Messenger, WPA Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Manager, When We Dead Awaken, Open Space Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- You Can't Take It with You, Barter Theatre, Abingdon, VA, 1982-83.
- Alibius, The Changeling, Equity Library Theatre, 1983.
- Artichoke, Barter Theatre, 1984-85.
- Doctor, A Streetcar Named Desire, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1988.
- Also appeared in The Browning Version, Roundabout Theatre. Appeared as W.O. Gant, Look Homeward Angel; Mayor Quinn, Hogan's Goat; Mayor Shinn, The Music Man; George, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Harry Berlin, Luv; Hank, The Boys in the Band; Rossetti, Boy Meets Girl; Old Man Mahon, The Playboy of the Western World. Has also appeared with Clarence Brown Theatre Company, Knoxville, TN, 1975; McCarter Repertory Company, Princeton, NJ, 1966-68; and Asolo State Theatre, Sarasota, FL, 1975-77.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Appeared in The Matchmaker, Phoenix Theatre tour, U.S. cities, andA ShortHappy Life, U.S. cities.
Credits; STAGE WORK
- Stage manager, The Hostage, One Sheridan Square, New York City, 1961.
- Director, Shoemaker's Holiday, Orpheum Theatre, New York City, 1967.
- Stage manager, Curley McDimple, Bert Wheeler Theatre, New York City, 1967.
- Director, The Diary of Anne Frank, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, Madison, NJ, 1987-88.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Father Quinn, Hannah and Her Sisters, Orion, 1986.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Debuted as Deacon Billson, The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg, American Short Story Series, PBS; also appeared on episodes of One Life to Live, Ryan'sHope, Love of Life, The Guiding Light, All My Children, and Search for Tomorrow; and on specials John Adams, Patrick Henry, and Decades of Decision.
Other articles you might like: