Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Denison to Carol L. Dudley
Alan Drury Biography (1949-)
Born May 22, 1949, in Hull, England; son of Harold (an insurance inspector) and Patricia (a teacher; maiden name, Tait) Drury. Addresses: AGENT--c/o John Rush, David Higham Associates, 5-8 Lower John Street, Golden Square, London W1, England.
- Birth Details
- May 22, 1949
- Hull, England
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Soap Opera, York Theatre Royal, York, U.K., 1977.
- The Training, ICA Theatre, London, 1978.
- Shoreline, (adaptor) Godot Has Come, both University Union, Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., 1971.
- Evening and Morning, Pembroke College, Cambridge, U.K., 1971; and How AreYou This Bright and Early Morning?, Tolcoons Theatre, Edinburgh Festival, 1972.
- (book and lyrics) Silver, Arts Theatre, London, 1972.
- You Know Me, Little Theatre, London, 1972.
- (adaptor) The Ancient Mariner (ballet scenario), Questor's Theatre, London, 1972.
- Fall, Little Theatre, 1973.
- (translator) The Hills, Kings Head Theatre, London, 1974, published by Fringescripts, 1973.
- Glynis, Oval House Theatre, London, 1974.
- Asides, Bush Theatre, London, 1974.
- The Man Himself, ICA Theatre, London, 1975.
- The Railway Game, Antonio, Spotty Hilda, all York Theatre Royal, York, U.K., 1975.
- (book and lyrics) King David, All Hallows by the Tower, London, 1975.
- Sparrowfall, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1976.
- Black Dog, University Theatre, Saarbruecken, West Germany, 1976.
- Sense of Loss, Open Space Theatre, London, 1976.
- Dick Turpin, York Theatre Royal, 1976.
- (book and lyrics) Up and Away, York Theatre Royal, 1976.
- Under the Skin, Redgrave Theatre, Farnham, U.K., 1976.
- (adaptor) Diary of a Madman, (adaptor) A Shorter Faustus, both York ArtsCentre, York, U.K., 1977.
- Margaret Clitheroe, York Theatre Royal, 1977.
- A Change of Mind, Lyttelton Theatre, London, 1977.
- Soap Opera, York Theatre Royal, 1977.
- Simple Simon, York Theatre Royal, 1978.
- (translator) The Miser, York Theatre Royal, 1978, published in Moliere: Five Plays, Methuen, 1982.
- Looking Back, Masonic Hall, Edinburgh Festival, 1978.
- The Training, ICA Theatre, 1978.
- An Empty Desk, Theatre Upstairs, London, 1979.
- Mother Goose, York Theatre Royal, 1980.
- (translator) The Hypochondriac, Olivier Theatre, London 1981, published in Moliere: Five Plays, Methuen, 1982.
- Also wrote Other Views, 1974; Communion, 1976; An Honourable Man, 1980.
- Mr. Jones, BBC-Radio, 1979.
- Winding Up, ATV, 1981.
- Keeping in Touch, BBC, 1982.
Other articles you might like: