Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Melissa Errico to Colleen Fitzpatrick
William K. Everson Biography (1929-)
Full name, William Keith Everson; born April 8, 1929, in Yeovil, Somerset, England; son of Percival Wilfred (an aircraft engineer) and Catherine (Ward) Everson; married September 26, 1958; wife's maiden name, Milstein (a film editor); children: Bambi Elizabeth.
- Birth Details
- April 8, 1929
- Yeovil, Somerset, England
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- "Gene Autry: The Singing Cowboy," Biography, Arts and Entertainment, 1993.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Captain Celluloid vs. the Film Pirates, 1974.
- (With George N. Fenin) The Western, from Silents to Cinerama, Orion, 1962, revised edition published as The Western, from Silents to the Seventies, Grossman, 1973.
- The American Movie (juvenile), Atheneum (New York City), 1963.
- The Bad Guys: A Pictorial History of the Movie Villain, Citadel (Secaucus, NJ), 1964.
- The Films of Laurel and Hardy, Citadel, 1967.
- The Art of W. C. Fields, Bobbs-Merrill (New York City), 1967.
- A Pictorial History of the Western Film, Citadel, 1969.
- The Films of Hal Roach, New York Museum of Modern Art (New York City), 1971.
- The Detective in Film, Citadel, 1972.
- Classics of the Horror Film, Citadel, 1974.
- Claudette Colbert, Pyramid Publications, 1976.
- American Silent Film, Oxford University Press (Oxford, England), 1978.
- Love in the Film: Seventy Years of Romantic Classics, Citadel, 1979.
- More Classics of the Horror Film, Citadel, 1986.
- Writer for the television series Movie Museum and Silents Please; writerfor television specials and theatrical features, including Hollywood: The Golden Years, The Valentino Legend, The Love Goddesses, and The Great Director.Contributor to film journals, including Film Comment.
- Adaptations: The 1974 screenplay Captain Celluloid vs. the Film Pirates was based on a story by Everson.
- Contemporary Authors New Revision Series, Volume 2, Gale (Detroit, MI),1981.