William Landis Biography (1921-)
Born May 21, 1921, in Minneapolis, MN; son of Willis Emory (an undertaker andcertified public accountant) and Ann Elizabeth (Lightner) Landis; married Elizabeth E. Engrav (an antique doll dealer), July 12, 1955; children: Liz Anne, Maura, Willie. Addresses: OFFICE--P.O. Box 84, Main Street, Sharon,CT, 06069.
Favorite roles: Caesar, Caesar and Cleopatra, Tarleton, Misalliance, Vershinin, The Three Sisters.
- Birth Details
- May 21, 1921
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- STAGE DEBUT--Bill Dowton, The Drunkard, Theatre Mart, Los Angeles, CA, 1944-46, for seven hundred performances.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Montano, Duke of Venice, Othello, Jan Hus House Theatre,1954, for fifteen performances.
- Morrell, Candida, 1956, Bluntschi, Arms and the Man, 1956, Godrey Kneller, In Good King Charles' Golden Days, 1957, Charteris, The Philanderer, 1958,Bolton, Never Can Tell, 1958, Lickcheese, Widower's Houses, 1959, Aegisthus,The Prodigal, 1960, all at the Downtown Theatre, NY.
- Manders, Ghosts and Mortensagaard, Rosmersholm, both at the Fourth StreetTheatre, NY, 1961.
- acted in over thirty roles at the Sharon Playhouse between 1968 and 1981,including Caesar, Caesar and Cleopatra, Tarleton, Misalliance, Vershinin, The Three Sisters.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL THEATRE WORK
- Producer, The Prodigal, Downtown Theatre, NY, 1960.