Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James Newton Howard to Kevin Jarre
Abe Jacob Biography (1944-)
Born October 7, 1944, in Tucson, AZ; son of Abe T. (a restaurateur) and Victoria (Shaar) Jacob. Addresses: OFFICE--130 E. 63rd Street, New York, NY10021. AGENT--Noel Silverman, 136 E. 57th Street, New York, NY 10022.
- Birth Details
- October 7, 1944
- Tucson, Arizona, United States
Credits; FIRST STAGE WORK
- Sound designer, Hair, Orpheum Theatre, San Francisco, CA, 1969.
Credits; FIRST BROADWAY WORK
- Sound designer, Hair, Biltmore Theatre, 1970.
Credits; FIRST LONDON WORK
- Sound designer, A Chorus Line, Drury Lane Theatre, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; ALL AS SOUND DESIGNER IN NEW YORK CITY,UNLESSINDICATED
- Seesaw, Uris Theatre, 1970.
- Jesus Christ Superstar, Mark Hellinger Theatre, 1971.
- Rainbow, Orpheum Theatre, 1972.
- Pippin, Imperial Theatre, 1972.
- Lysistrata, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 1972.
- National Lampoon's Lemmings, Village Gate Theatre, 1973.
- Rachel Lily Rosenbloom and Don't You Forget It, Broadhurst Theatre, 1973.
- Cyrano, Palace Theatre, 1973.
- Mack and Mabel, Majestic Theatre, 1974.
- More Than You Deserve, Public Theatre, 1974.
- Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on the Road, Beacon Theatre, 1974.
- Finn Mackool the Grand Distraction, Theatre de Lys, 1975.
- A Gala Tribute to Joshua Logan, Imperial Theatre, 1975.
- Doctor Jazz, Winter Garden Theatre, 1975.
- The National Lampoon Show, New Palladium Theatre, 1975.
- Chicago, 46th Street Theatre, 1975.
- The Rocky Horror Show, Belasco Theatre, 1975.
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Brooklyn Academy of Music,Brooklyn, NY, 1976.
- George Abbott ... A Celebration, Shubert Theatre, 1976.
- Monty Python Live, City Center Theatre, 1976.
- A Chorus Line, Public Theatre, 1975, then Shubert Theatre, 1976.
- Rockabye Hamlet, Minskoff Theatre, 1976.
- Beatlemania, Winter Garden Theatre, 1977.
- Hair, Biltmore Theatre, 1977.
- The Act, Majestic Theatre, 1977.
- A Broadway Musical, Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, 1978.
- Timbuktu, Mark Hellinger Theatre, 1978.
- Dancin', Broadhurst Theatre, 1978.
- The Madwoman of Central Park West, 22 Steps Theatre, 1979.
- Evita, Broadway Theatre, 1979.
- Zoot Suit, Winter Garden Theatre, 1979.
- Your Arms Too Short to Box with God, Ambassador Theatre, 1980.
- Broadway Follies, Nederlander Theatre, 1981.
- Woman of the Year, Palace Theatre, 1981.
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Alvin Theatre, 1982.
- Little Johnny Jones, Alvin Theatre, 1982.
- Merlin, Mark Hellinger Theatre, 1983.
- Leader of the Pack, Ambassador Theatre, 1985.
- Big Deal, Broadway Theatre, 1986.
- Aladdin, Empire State Theatre, Albany, NY, 1987.
- associate sound designer, Les Miserables, Broadway Theatre, 1987.
- Mark Twain, Musical Drama at the Domes, NY, 1987.
- Also sound designer with the McCarter Theatre, Princeton, NJ, 1972; for Cats, London production; and for Rag Dolly, The Chosen, Tommy, and Manhattan Follies.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS; SOUND DESIGNER
- Hair, U.S. cities, 1968 and 1972.
- Chicago, U.S. cities, 1977.
- Timbuktu, U.S. cities, 1978.
- A Chorus Line, U.S. cities, 1975, then international cities, 1976.
- The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, U.S. cities, 1979.
- Dancin', U.S. cities, 1979, then European cities, 1980.
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, U.S. cities, 1981.
- Evita, U.S. cities, 1980.
- Woman of the Year, U.S. cities.
- Sound recorder, Hendrix in the West, Columbia.
Other articles you might like: