Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Peter Lord Biography (1953-)
Born c. 1953, in England.
- Producer, director, animator, writer
- Birth Details
- Producer, director, and animator, On Probation (also known as Conversation Pieces: On Probation), 1981
- Director, Early Bird (also known as Conversation Pieces: EarlyBird), 1982
- Director, Late Edition, 1983
- Director, Babylon, 1985
- Director and animator, War Story, 1989
- Director and animation director, Going Equipped, 1989
- Executive producer, A Grand Day Out, 1990
- Executive producer, director, animator, and art director, Adam, Alta Films, 1991
- Executive producer, Not without My Handbag, Manuel Salvador, 1993
- Executive producer and additional animator, Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers (also known as The Wrong Trousers), Alta Films, 1993
- Executive producer, Wallace and Gromit: A Close Shave (also knownas A Close Shave), 1995
- Executive producer, director, and animator, Wat's Pig, 1996
- Executive producer, Stage Fright, Manuel Salvador, 1997
- (With Nick Park) Producer and director, Chicken Run (also known asC:R-1), DreamWorks, 2000
- Also worked as executive producer on Creature Comforts, Rex, HumDrum, and Stage Fright.
- Animation director, Pee-wee's Playhouse (series), CBS, 1986-91
- Animated work has appeared on Vision On and Take Hart; alsoworked on The Amazing Adventures of Morph, BBC; Animated Conversations: Down and Out, BBC Bristol; Animated Conversations: Confessions of a Foyer Girl, BBC Bristol.
Poultry in Motion: The Making of Chicken Run, NBC, 2000
- Provided claymation and animation for Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer,"1986; directed Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares for Me," 1987.
Early Bird (also known as Conversation Pieces: Early Bird),1982
Adam, Alta Films, 1991
Wat's Pig, 1996
- (Story only; with Nick Park) Chicken Run (also known as C:R-1), DreamWorks, 2000
- (with Brian Sibley) Creating 3-D Animation: The Aardman Book of Filmmaking, Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1999
Campaign September 18, 1998,, p. S21.
Knight-Ridder/Tribune News Service, October 21, 1997 .
- Official website, Aardman Animations, http://www.aardman.com/Peter_Lord.
Other articles you might like: