Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jim Carter to Tom Clark
Phoebe Cates Biography (1963-)
Born July 16, 1963 (some sources say 1964), in New York, NY; daughter of Joseph Cates (a television producer and director); niece of Gilbert Cates (a producer and director); married Kevin Kline (an actor), March 5, 1989; children:Owen Joseph, Greta. Addresses: Agent--William Morris Agency, 151 El Camino Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
- Birth Details
- July 16, 1963
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; Film Appearances
- Linda Barrett, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Universal, 1982.
- Sarah, Paradise, Embassy, 1982.
- Christine Ramsay, Private School, Universal, 1983.
- Kate, Gremlins, Warner Bros., 1984.
- Patty Winston, Date with an Angel, DEG, 1987.
- Amanda, Bright Lights, Big City, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1988.
- Carson McBride, Shag: The Movie (also known as Shag), TriStar, 1988.
- Aiken Reed, Heart of Dixie, TriStar, 1990.
- Kate Beringer, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, Warner Bros., 1990.
- Woman at discotheque bar, I Love You to Death, TriStar, 1990.
- Elizabeth Cronin, Drop Dead Fred, New Line Cinema, 1991.
- Carol, Bodies, Rest and Motion (also known as Bodies, Rest & Motion),Fine Line Features, 1993.
- Herself, My Life's in Turnaround, Arrow Releasing, 1994.
- Title role and Mary, Princess Caraboo, TriStar, 1994.
Credits; Film Work
- Performer of songs "How Do I Let You Know" and "Just One Touch," PrivateSchool, Universal, 1983.
Credits; Television Appearances; Movies
- Annie Burroughs, Baby Sister, ABC, 1983.
Credits; Television Appearances; Miniseries
- Lilli, Lace, ABC, 1984.
- Lilli, Lace 2, ABC, 1985.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- Entertainment Tonight, syndicated, 1989.
- Marguerite, "Vaclav Havel's Largo Desolato," Great Performances, PBS, 1990.
Credits; Television Appearances; Awards Presentations
- The 63rd Annual Academy Awards Presentation, ABC, 1991.
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Appeared in Mr. and Mrs. Dracula.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- Ariadna Koromyslova, The Nest of the Wood Grouse, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Jill, Rich Relations, Second Stage Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Rosaria, Women and Football, Manhattan Punch Line, New York City, 1988.
- Juliet, Romeo and Juliet, Goodman Theatre, Chicago, IL, 1988.
- Hero, Much Ado about Nothing, New York Shakespeare Festival, New York City, 1988.
- Evelyn Foreman, The Tenth Man, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, New York City, 1989.
- New York Post, June 28, 1984.
- People Weekly, June 14, 1982, p. 36.