Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Tazewell Thompson Biography (1954-)
Full name, Tazewell Alfred Thompson; born May 27, 1954 (one source says 1948), in New York, NY; son of Tazewell Alfred and Annabelle (Lowery) Thompson. Addresses: Office--Arena Stage, Sixth and Maine Ave. S.W., Washington, DC 20024.
Credits; STAGE DIRECTOR
- Almos' a Man (musical), Soho Repertory Theater, New York City, 1985.
- The Second Hurricane (play-opera), New Federal Theater, New York City, 1985.
- One Fine Day, Soho Repertory Theater, 1986.
- Abyssinia, Musical Theater Works, New York City, 1987.
- Sgt. Ola and His Followers, Soho Repertory Theater, 1987.
- How the Other Half Loves, Syracuse Stage, Syracuse, NY, 1989.
- Boesman and Lena, Huntington Theatre Company, Boston, MA, 1989.
- Playboy of the West Indies, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1989.
- The Glass Menagerie, Cleveland Playhouse, Cleveland, OH, 1989.
- Fences, Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, VA, 1990.
- Blood Knot, U.S. cities, 1991-92.
- Also director of Caucasian Chalk Circle, 1990.
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- Goan Hindu, Goa, Martinique Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Also appeared in The National Health, 1976.
Other articles you might like: