Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ned Glass to Jane Greenwood
Robert Greenwald Biography (1943-)
Full name, Robert Mark Greenwald; born August 8, 1943, in New York, NY; son of Harold (a psychologist) and Ruth Greenwald; married wife, Nancy; children:Rachel, Leah. Addresses: OFFICE--2217 S. Purdue, Los Angeles, CA 90064. AGENT--Lenny Hershaun, William Morris Agency, 151 El Camino Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90212.
- Birth Details
- August 8, 1943
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Me and Bessie, Edison Theater, New York City, 1975.
- I Have a Dream, Ambassador Theater, New York City, 1976.
- A Sense of Humor, Center Theatre Group, Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1983, then Auditorium Theatre, Denver, CO, 1983, later Curran Theatre, SanFrancisco, 1984.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Director, Xanadu, Universal, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; MOVIES
- Director, Sharon: Portrait of a Mistress, NBC, 1977.
- producer (with Frank Von Zerneck) and director, Katie: Portrait of a Centerfold, NBC, 1977.
- director, Flatbed Annie and Sweetpie: Lady Truckers, CBS, 1979.
- director, In the Custody of Strangers, ABC, 1982.
- director, The Burning Bed, NBC, 1984.
- executive producer and director, Shattered Spirits, ABC, 1986.