Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
William Martin Biography (1937-)
Born September 6, 1937, in Pueblo, CO; son of William George (a deputy sheriff) and Lois Elaine (Bunner) Martin. Addresses: HOME--222 W. 83rd Street, Apt. 32, New York, NY 10024.
- Birth Details
- September 6, 1937
- Pueblo, Colorado, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Director, The Student Prince, Lakewood Musical Playhouse, PA, 1972.
- Iolanthe, Village Light Opera Company, New York City, 1972.
- You Can't Take It with You, Wilkes College, PA.
- Blood Wedding, Florida Atlantic University.
- The Tempest, Mars Hill College, NC.
- Dark of the Moon, Boston University.
- Twelfth Night and Alice in Wonderland, both with the Empire State Youth Theatre, NY.
- The Taming of the Shrew, Columbus College, GA.
- Life with Father, Auburn University, AL.
- The Inspector General, University of Washington.
- A Memory for Saturday, University of Virginia.
- Richard III, Viterbo College, WI.
- Song of Norway, Surflight Summer Theatre, NJ.
- Finian's Rainbow, Club Bene Dinner Theatre, NJ.
- The Pirates of Penzance, Florence Little Theatre, SC.
- The Waltz of the Toreadors, Madison Civic Repertory Theatre, WI.
- On Golden Pond, Magnets, and To Kill a Mockingbird, all Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre, NC.
- Treemonisha, Richmond Opera Company, VA.
- The Second Greatest Entertainer in the Whole Wide World, Boston RepertoryTheatre, MA.
- At the Heritage Repertory Theatre, Charlottesville, VA, 1984-85, directed: That Man Jefferson, She Would Be a Soldier, The Drunkard, Look Homeward Angel, The Cat and the Canary, Ring Round the Moon, The Crucifer of Blood, Deathof a Salesman, George Washington Slept Here, The Three Musketeers.
- Murder on the Nile, Minnesota Repertory Theatre, MN.
- The Commedia World of Lafcadio "B", New York City.
- A Shriek to Melt the Texas Moon, New York City.
- Princess Ida, Village Light Opera Company, New York City.
- Sticks and Stones, Circle in the Square, New York City, then at New YorkUniversity.
- Except in My Memory, Neighborhood Group Theatre, New York City.
- I Used to Be a Rock-'n-Roll Star, Manhattan Theatre Club.
- The Frequency, WPA Theatre, New York City.
- Northern Boulevard, AMAS Repertory Theatre, New York City.
- Cowboy and the Legend, Burt Reynolds Dinner Theatre, FL.
- The Lieutenant, Lyceum Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- Assistant director, Seascape, Shubert Theatre, 1975.
Credits; ASSISTANT PRODUCER
- Noel Coward in Two Keys, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, 1974 and Golda, MoroscoTheatre, 1977.
- (With David Cupp) That Man Jefferson, Heritage Repertory Theatre, Charlottesville, VA, 1976.
- Some Day Just Began, Henrico County Schools, 1983.
- adaptation, The Three Musketeers, Heritage Repertory Theatre, 1985.
Other articles you might like: