Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Bette Henritze to Clint Howard
Avi Hoffman Biography (1958-)
Given name is pronounced "ahv"; original name, Abraham Hoffman; born March 3,1958, in New York, NY; son of Mendl (a realtor) and Miriam (a journalist) Hoffman.
- actor, director
- Birth Details
- March 3, 1958
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; Stage Appearances
- Hershel Shneourson, It's Hard to Be a Jew, American Jewish Theatre, New York City, 1984.
The Golden Land (also see below), Norman Thomas Theatre, New YorkCity, 1984-85, then Second Avenue Theatre, New York City, 1985-86.
A Rendezvous with God (solo show), American Jewish Theatre, 1986,then John Houseman Studio Theatre, New York City, 1991.
Songs of Paradise (also see below), New York Shakespeare Festival(NYSF), Public/Susan Stein Shiva Theatre, New York City, 1988-89, then AstorPlace Theatre, New York City, 1989.
Only the Sky Was Blue!, Penguin Repertory Company Theatre, Stony Point, NY, 1989-90.
- Appeared as David, The Rise of David Levinsky, John Houseman Studio Theatre and George Street Playhouse; as Haskell, The Immigrant, Penguin Repertory Company Theatre; as Smitty, Fortune and Men's Eyes, Onstage Theatre, Miami, FL; as Ralphie, Awake and Sing, Ruth Foreman Theatre; as Stephano, The Tempest, Ring Theatre, Miami; as Simon Able, Sly Fox, Ring Theatre; as Prospector, Dear World, Ring Theatre; intitle role, Telemachus Clay, Ring Theatre; and as Mr. Lindquist, ALittle Night Music, Sunshine Music Theatre. Appeared in The Sheik,Hallandale Theatre.
Credits; Major Tours
The Golden Land, U.S. cities, 1985.
- Also went on world tour in A Rendezvous with God.
Credits; Stage Director
Songs of Paradise, NYSF, Public/Susan Stein Shiva Theatre, New York City, 1988-89.
Credits; Film Appearances
- (Film debut) Shaya, The Imported Bridegroom, Lara Classics, 1989.
- Appeared in Bloomfield, independently produced.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- Appeared in M.S. Telethon, and A.M. Gathering of Holocaust Survivors.
Other articles you might like: