Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gary Kasper to Florence Klotz
Grace Keagy Biography ((?)-)
Addresses: Home: 70 Riverside Drive, New York, NY, 10024; Office: Hesseltine, Baker Associates Ltd., 165 W. 46th Street, Suite 409, New York, NY, 10036.
SIDELIGHTS: "After a full life of opera, concert work, marriage, five children, travels all over the world with a career Army husband, at the age of forty-plus, I fell into the theatre, a dream nurtured since early childhood. A fewyears to learn my craft in Minnesota and then an all-or-nothing try in New York. I owe it all to the Equity Library Theatre, which gave me my big break as Sally Adams in Call Me Madam. To my everlasting joy, it has been constant work and many rewards. Many TV commercials afford me the chance to sometimes take a role for "art's sake" like the Nurse in Romeo and Juliet. Where else but in New York can one fulfill all of her dreams? I look forward to many more roles and shall he grateful for the opportunities accordedme to pursue my acting career with such positive and rewarding stimulation."
- actress, singer
- Birth Details
- December 16,
- Youngstown, Ohio, United States
- Dame Margery, Shoemakers Holiday, Guthrie, Minneapolis, MN, 1967.
New York Debut
- Queen Isabella, Goodtime Charley, Palace, for 120 performances, 1975.
Principal Stage Appearances
- (Broadway)--Madame Bouffier, The Grand Tour, Palace, 1979: Rosa, Carmelina, St. James, 1979; Aunt Jenny, I Remember Mama, Majestic, 1979; Roberta, Musical Chairs, Rialto, 1980; Helga, Woman of theYear, Palace, 1983. (Regional)--Frau Schill, The Visit, Guthrie,Minneapolis, MN, 1967; Mrs. Huffmaster, Harper's Ferry, Guthrie, 1967; Leocadia Begbick, The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny, Yale Repertory, New Haven, CT, 1974; Meme, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Arena Stage Washington, DC, 1976; Mrs. Peachum, The Threepenny Opera, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 1977; Grand Duchess, The Student Prince,Paper-mill Playhouse, NJ, 1979; Makina, The Caucasian Chalk Circle, Denver Center Theatre Company, CO, 1979-80; Philaminthe, The Learned Ladies, Denver Center Theatre Company, 1979-80; Lady Bountiful, The Beaux Stratagem, Hartford Stage Company, CT, 1980; Mrs. Hill, Booth Is Back inTown, SUNY, Purchase, NY, 1983.
- Aunt Eller, Oklahoma, national tour. 1979.
Principal Television Appearances
As the World Turns; One Life to Live; The Doctors; Ryan's Hope; Search for Tomorrow.
- Taught piano and voice, Minneapolis, MN, 1964-68.